cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming - 5 Days in August

Rick007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

We will be going to NYC in August for 5 days and will need cell service (talk, text and data).  Does PM have a daily rate for all 3 features?  I did read 30$ per day and I think I read for 10 to 15 day periods, is this correct?

I have been told, the 30$ per day is really high compared to other services available here in Canada.

Thank you.

Rick

10 REPLIES 10

@Rick007 Roaming service is dependant on T-Mobile and/or AT&T coverage, but yes you should be well covered in New York.

@Rick007 You don't need a 5G phone to take advantage of a 5G plan. The plan is just about max speed.

Rick007

Hello again,

I read through the notes and it indicates that services could be affected, is the US roaming service reliable to travel through NY state and in NYC?

I appreciate everyone's input, suggestions and support.

Thank you, Rick

Rick007

Hello Dunkman,

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't realize there was a us/canada talk, text and data plan but when I read through the different packages it looks like these plans are for 5g only.  Can users with 4g capability take advantage of the us/canada plans and add-ons?

Thank you.

What sucks? Public Mobile's 15 day plan is the same price as 2-3 daily rates with the Big 3. $30 for 15 days is fair value.

But if you don't want to go through add-on route you can switch to a plan that includes US, such as the $34/50GB Canada/US plan.

@Rick007 wrote:

Current members can get a plan for talk, text and data that works in both Canada and USA???

Yes, there are $34, $40, and $50 plan options for that, each including differing amounts of data.

Rick007

Current members can get a plan for talk, text and data that works in both Canada and USA???

Rick007

Yeah, that sucks.  We are retired and now travelling in the USA, so it might be time to look into another plan and that sucks bigtime.

Thank you.

@Rick007 wrote:

We will be going to NYC in August for 5 days and will need cell service (talk, text and data).  Does PM have a daily rate for all 3 features?  I did read 30$ per day and I think I read for 10 to 15 day periods, is this correct?

I have been told, the 30$ per day is really high compared to other services available here in Canada.

In addition to roaming add-ons, existing Public Mobile customers have access to plans starting from $34 for 30 days of service.  Thesse Canada-US plans include service in both Canada and the US.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Rick007 

Public mobile does not offer daily rates.  Just 15 day roaming packages.  

Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 3GB Data Bundle   $30

Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle $15

250 MB Data   $10

1 GB Data  $20

3 GB Data   $25

Need Help? Let's chat.