cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US ROAMING 2023

jjordon21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Is anyone able to confirm that US roaming on 3G networks still works with Public Mobile? Specifically Washington state ? I'm well aware that the AT&T and T-Mobile are "sunsetting" the 3G wireless spectrum. However can anyone confirm if it's still active as of 2023? I would like to know before I purchase.

6 REPLIES 6

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jjordon21 voice dies not work well on Washington state.  

You can get local data sim and use VoIP app to make and receive calls, if you are ok to use another phone number instead of your PM number as a workaround.  Would be cheaper and connection more reliable 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

To answer the actual question, 3G talk is no longer available in the states with either AT&T or T-Mobile.

AT&T seems to have abandoned us. T-Mobile is the only choice and they let us talk/roam on their old 2G network. We can still use data and do SMS texting on their current 4G. The phone has to be able to drop down to 2G for talk. Some are removing that capability these days.

The 2G coverage is somewhat limited. You should be sort of alright for 4G as long as T-Mobile covers the area you are going to in the first place. Reports seem to be that coverage is mostly fine in more urban areas but light in rural areas.

jjordon21

Awesome thanks for the info! 

jjordon21

Awesome thanks for the info!

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @jjordon21 

yes is still working with voice 2G and 4G data with T-Mobile.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jjordon21  It does but it’s hit or miss in many spots ,,, if your going for more then 15 days I’d suggest getting local prepaid SIM card 

Need Help? Let's chat.