cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Hiccup

FuzzyPawz1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was sent this text after following the procedure given to port my number. Now I have not received any support since. Any helpful tip?

• Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. You can also get in touch via our virtual assistant at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat
4 REPLIES 4

pmva
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@FuzzyPawz1  Is your old SIM still working with your old carrier?  If so, you could try logging into you public mobile account and attempting to port again.  Double check that you've input the correct IMEI or account number.  Which carrier are you moving from?

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @FuzzyPawz1 

open Ticket with support Chatbot

or send a private message to CS_Agent
here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@FuzzyPawz1  Porting info 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

there’s a  number to talk to live chat I’ll send it to you private message 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FuzzyPawz1 no worry 

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.