cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data roaming not working

bbhattac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in Great Falls, Montana. My phone got connected to T-Mobile network. I can make phone calls but cannot access internet. I paid $20 for 1Gb data. All my phone settings are correct and data roaming is turned on. I really need the connection on the road.

Please help.

- Bhaskar 

12 REPLIES 12

bbhattac

We will be out before the 10 days are over. Thanks.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The easy win 🙂 How long will you be in the states? If less than 10 days or you won't need it longer than that then enjoy your service. If more and you need service then there are some things to say.

Adding - or if you run out of your data before 10 days.

bbhattac

Everything worked after I turned the phone off and on again. Should have tried that earlier.

bbhattac

Everything worked after I turned the phone off and on again. Should have tried that earlier.

bbhattac

Thanks for all the answers. I turned off my phone and turned on again and it worked like magic. I have LTE data roaming now.

bbhattac

I bought $15 US talk & text, and $20 US data roaming. My data connection was set to LTE. I tried setting it to 3G but still no data roaming. So I have put it back to LTE. It is auto connect I believe.

bbhattac

There are multiple add-ons you can buy for $20. I bought $15 US talk & text AND $20 US data roaming.

bbhattac

Yes it worked in Canada. My payment history shows that I have bought $15 US talk & text, and $20 US data roaming.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bbhattac 

You should have a 4G LTE service. If you are connected for voice there must be 3G coverage still in Montana as 2G is only in a small area in southernmost section of the state.

4G LTE4G LTE3G3G2G2G

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bbhattac 

If you can make voice calls then you are connecting to T-Mobile's 2G or possibly 3G network. Is your phone set to autoconnect to the type of network? (4G LTE/3G/2G autoconnect). As mentioned check your plan and add ons page for your purchase and the amount of data you have left. Montana has some mountainous terrain that could be interfering with your ability to connect to the 4G LTE network.

Read this post for more info and a link to the coverage map for Montana...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bbhattac 

The $20 is for talk, text and 250mb data. You may have burned up the 250mb of data.

I think you purchased the wrong US Roaming so login your account to see which US Roaming listed and review the data you used up to date.

The $20 1gb data only but you indicated you can talk on T-mobile.

53A67B4D-AED4-48C8-A23F-F59AA43C8128.jpeg

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did your data work normally while in Canada?

What all add-ons did you buy? Your payment history should show the items you bought. And of course you actually turned on data?

Need Help? Let's chat.