cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data Top up no working

BigO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Landed in Seattle yesterday,

I paid for the US data top up and it is not working. My wife and I have the same plan and paid for the same top up. Hers is working. Mine is not. Why?

18 REPLIES 18

BigO

I apologize to all. In error I was in my wifes account and not mine when I advised I had purchased the US data. /you are very correct. In error I bought extra canada data. Just purchaed us and problem solved. 

BigO

I only see the option of 3G or LTE

BigO

Sorry I looked back and it was 15.oo for us roaming talk and text (10 day) and us raoming 1GB Data $20

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I suspect you got the talk/text bundle and 500MB of data. That would total $30. But what are you showing for your balance?

What make and model is the phone? If you can dig down in your connection settings where it might say LTE or 3G, maybe you can find mention of 2G in there. It's just to test and verify that 2G works. The phone should do this automatically. And then again, 2G isn't everywhere either so it just might not be available where you are.

Can you look in your payment history for the transactions of all this. You should see the payment and then the items you bought.

[wrong data add on purchased .......... Luddite]

BigO

purchased prior to leaving canada on self serve using credit card and was issued a receipt

BigO

not able to browse a website or send texts

BigO

10 day roaming

BigO

How do I change to 2 G?

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BigO The issue with your wife unable to talk is the shutdown of 3g in the states, what your saying you paid doesn’t seem to add up , I have to ask did you get 10 day roaming or regular talk to U S ?

When did you purchase the add-ons? There was a whole system change on the 13th. What do you show in your balance now?

The calling is the tricky part these days. Supposedly via T-Mobile we can use their old 2G for talk. But the phone has to be able to do that. Normally it should automatically switch down from LTE but you could also try setting the phone to 2G only.

BigO

Roaming is on

Yes Data is on

Account is active

Network selection shows T-mobile

Yes. Purchased both

Talk and text and addition data

BigO

Purchased and paid for add ons before I left Canada. My wife's data is working, she is able to text, but cannot call.

And those add-ons are showing on the right with those circles of usage?

Does anything work? Can you browse to a website? Send and receive texts? Talk might be an issue.

BigO

Correction. It did show t-mobile in settings under cellular

BigO

Roaming is on. show t-mobile. Paid for talk and text and a data top us $30 total

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BigO Hi did you do the two steps to purchase?1st put money in your account then go in and purchase your add on

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you turn on data roaming? Did you turn on data? Is your account active? Are you connected to either AT&T or T-Mobile? Did you also get talk and/or text?

Need Help? Let's chat.