cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Canada Plan

Schmidtty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!  I just purchased the US Canada Plan so that I can use my phone in the States.  I am wondering what I need to do to my phone when I arrive in the US?  Do I have the data roaming on or off?  Do I need a different SIM card?  Just wondering how to use it seamlessly so that I don't get charged extra.  Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

Schmidtty

Awesome!  Thank you!

HI @Schmidtty 

you don't have to worry, iPhone 12 will work VoLTE and voice would work

Schmidtty

I have an Iphone 12

Schmidtty

Thank you, that is also very helpful!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Schmidtty 

yes data roaming needed to be turned on because you are using a different network, an US network

generally, make sure you are able to connect to AT&T or T-Mobile network.  If the phone cannot do it for you, try to manually connect to it

and, disable 5G, use 4G, it is much easier to use 4G network

For voice, depends on your phone, it might be more steps.  But what phone are you using?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Schmidtty 

FYI...you can just leave data on all the time. No worrys of overages 'cause there are no overages here. All plans and add-ons are pre-paid so unless you pay ahead of time...it won't work. Once you reach your plan data limit..it'll just stop until next renewal...you won't be billed for anything extra later on.

Schmidtty

Okay, thank you very much for your help.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Schmidtty  Yes have dat roaming turned on in phone settings . And put phone to 4G/LTE not 5G and connect to T mobile or AT&T and enjoy your trip 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.