cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US ADD On

Sherbert
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI, So I am leaving for the Staes today. I have done the add-on, I purchase 1Gig data and unlimited texting. But when it says unlimited does that mean I can text my other Canadian friends in the USA like regular texting or do I need to be on WIFI only, Also Can I do any videos "s?  Or only with WIFI. I have What's App and Messenger. Do I really need to download any other apps?  

Thanks for you help everyone

4 REPLIES 4

Sherbert
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So it turns out I purchased US Roaming for talk $8.00 and 1GB ADD on for $15.00, So once ShawnC13 got a hold of me and told me I need to purchase 1GB US Data Roaming I was good. But before he messaged me I repurchased the $8.00 and $15.00 again So now i need to see if I am able to get a refund

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sherbert 

I am assuming you have purchased the $20 1gb USA Roaming and $8 USA Unlimited texting…total $28.

If this is the case then Yes unlimited texting is to friends in Canada and USA.

Remember your Roaming start on the day you purchased it so there will be 240 hours of Roaming.

You can use WhatsApp as a backup through wifi. Not sure if Messager will work but it will probably use up your 1gb of data.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@Sherbert   make sure you are getting the US roaming data.  And when you are in US, if the roaming you are getting does not include voice, you can then connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T

for Text, if you are using regular SMS, the roaming text package will do.  If you are using iMessage or RCS, then you will need to have enough data.  Please note sending video could cause quiet a lot or data, depends on the quality of the video or the lenght.  I would try to avoid and only send (or view video ) on Wifi only.    1GB is not too much when it comes to video.

Yes, downloading on Whatsapp or iMessage (or other Message like Facebook Messager) will also cause your data.   So, use your 1GB wisely

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's unlimited texting to Canada and US. No you don't need wifi for standard SMS. If you have an iphone then that gets more complicated. If you're doing videos on 1gb of data then you might be buying more data. You can't buy the same one until 11 days later. You can buy the other data buckets though.

Be sure to manually connect to T-Mobile. Try AT&T if you're interested and report back your findings. Also turn on roaming data.

Need Help? Let's chat.