cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK and Ireland in one add-on plan

Eillibsniknej
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there,

My partner is Irish and she’s attempting to buy an add-on to talk to the people back home, unfortunately, some people are located in Ireland and some people are in Northern Ireland (which is classed as the UK). Is there one add-on that can cover both? The international one seems to only cover Ireland while the UK add on only seems to cover Northern Ireland. Is there a way to buy one add on for both? Thanks in advance 

10 REPLIES 10

So the only down side of buying both add-ons is a bit more of an up front investment. If you use a fair bit of a plan each month it isnt really a big deal since they roll over continuously. The people who are annoyed with this new method PM recently rolled out are the ones who just occasionally need a few minutes so one of these add-ons may last 5 years but they would need to buy both up front. Too bad it didn’t still work like before in that higher per minute LD add-ons would kick in on lower cost calls if that was all you had available.

AE_Collector

Add-ons remain attached to the account until they're fully consumed.

Unused add-on items and minutes and megabytes will stay available until they're used. Indefinitely, across billing cycles. Even if you change your plan. Even if PM decides to discontinue (no longer sells) that specific add-on. Even if the account is suspended (though the account needs to be active to actually use add-ons, and add-ons get deleted with everything else if the account is finally terminated).

@Eillibsniknej you don't have to purchase the add-on again to use the remaining 150mins. you can keep using the 150 until it's used up

@Eillibsniknej wrote:

So if I buy a $15 add on right now, I get 300 minutes, say a month goes by and I have only used 150 minutes, I’ll still have those 150 minutes? Or do I have to pay for the add on again so I’ll have 450mins?

You keep the minutes until you use it all. You can buy more but don't have to until you run out.

Eillibsniknej

So if I buy a $15 add on right now, I get 300 minutes, say a month goes by and I have only used 150 minutes, I’ll still have those 150 minutes? Or do I have to pay for the add on again so I’ll have 450mins?

@Eillibsniknej wrote:

Oh, so there’s no expiry date for the add-one? They just keep rolling over until you’ve used them all?

Yes, that is correct.

Eillibsniknej

Oh, so there’s no expiry date for the add-one? They just keep rolling over until you’ve used them all?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Eillibsniknej wrote:

Hey there,

My partner is Irish and she’s attempting to buy an add-on to talk to the people back home, unfortunately, some people are located in Ireland and some people are in Northern Ireland (which is classed as the UK). Is there one add-on that can cover both? The international one seems to only cover Ireland while the UK add on only seems to cover Northern Ireland. Is there a way to buy one add on for both? Thanks in advance 

Sorry, but you need to buy both add-ons. The feedback has been given to Public Mobile there really should only be one long distance add-on, with varrying weights of credits being used for calls to different destination. Unofrtuntely, this is the direction that Public Mobile has chosen. It means that the customer ends up spending more, although I do understand that this current setup may be simpler to understand.

I like it the way it was set up. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Eillibsniknej 

The good thing about buying the add ons is the unused minutes roll over to each cycle until consumed.

@Eillibsniknej wrote:

Hey there,

Sorry, but you need to buy both add-ons. The feedback has been given to Public Mobile there really should only be one long distance add-on, with varrying weights of credits being used for calls to different destination. Unofrtuntely, this is the direction that Public Mobile has chosen. It means that the customer ends up spending more, although I do understand that this current setup may be simpler to understand.

Need Help? Let's chat.