cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to update plan double charge

nnsnns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I talked to a representative a couple of weeks ago because I noticed that the $50 plan had gone from a 8GB to 10 GB and my plan had not been updated. So she told me I had to update it myself to get the 10 and my renewal date is tomorrow. So I tried to renew it and all it did was charge money to my credit card and put it into my public account and it didn't update my plan nor did it make any kind of payment the money is just sitting in my account and the plan didn't update. How do I get this to update without charging my credit card again? Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nnsnns 

How's it going? We're you able to schedule your change plan on next renewal? Have you logged in after midnight eastern to see if the change has occurred? The site is down for unscheduled maintenance at the moment but everything should occur as scheduled. If you can access your self serve and you were unable to schedule the plan change but your old plan has renewed but the plan payment hasn't been taken from your balance yet you can "stop" payment by suspending via lost/stolen and contact customer support to change the plan for you so resuming via lost/stolen will reactivate the new plan rather than the old plan.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Maybe you DID the plan change and chose the “change plan immediately” button rather than the “change plan on renewal” button? If so you are now in the new plan but renewed 1 day earlier than you needed to. Choosing immediate update charges you for the new 30 plan right then and tosses whatever you had left of your previous plan. But if only 1 day not really a big deal.

Yes that happens. Try another browser or device or use incognito and see if it's any better. And try throughout the day. Be sure to set it up before midnight eastern (9pm pacific).

nnsnns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do click on change plan and the buttons are ghosted.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nnsnns , it looks like you did a top up with the funds sitting in the account.  If your next renewal is tomorrow, I suggest going to plan change and selecting the $50 plan and choosing the option to renew on the next renewal date since is upcoming anyway.  You should not be charged again as the funds in the account will go to paying for the renewal.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Go into change plan and set up the plan change to happen at renewal (the right side button). Overnight it will change to the updated plan and charge the amount out of your balance. Then next month it'll use autopay if setup.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nnsnns hi you click change plan on next renewal date the money you see in available funds will be used to pay tomorrow 

Need Help? Let's chat.