cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to sign up credit card is refused

Cman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Honestly I'm a bit stumped I have 2 active cards that I tried to use while signing up and both are getting turned down. After calling my bank they confirmed the issue is on public mobile side and not theirs. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Cman wrote:

Honestly I'm a bit stumped I have 2 active cards that I tried to use while signing up and both are getting turned down. After calling my bank they confirmed the issue is on public mobile side and not theirs. 

Thanks.

Hi @Cman Welcome to Public Mobile!

If you had tried multiple times, you get locked out.  Wait an hour to give the system to resettle.  Before you log back in, delete your browsing history, cache and cookies.  Use a different browser and if necessary, use incognito mode.

It's been suggested here in the community that entering cc information, use all caps and leave the apt# blank. (no longer required)

I hope this helps.

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cman 

Could also try a completely different browser on a different device. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cman 

Here's the how to.....

Follow this method for adding a card/ making a payment. Use #1 and #2 only if you already have a card on file. Read the emboldened paragraph then procede to follow the instructions in the final paragraph.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cman wrote:

Thanks.

@Cman , activation pages are finicky. 

Wait an hour, then try again.

Clear your browser's cache, and open a tab in incognito mode.

"We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank."

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/voucher-payment-options

YOU COULD also try: 

Click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Need Help? Let's chat.