cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to change number

CameronH2001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had an account with bell, which I then transferred over to public with tnat number, and then Friday I got a new iPhone 16, so I transferred that number I had with public to the iPhone 16 with bell again. I now have this older phone that I want to put another cheap plan on with public with a different number then the one I transferred, but this phone was using that other number but doesn’t have a sim in it right now. Just looking what to do because when I go to buy a new plan on here it doesn’t ask anything about a number and I’m worried it’s just thinking it’ll use the one that’s on my new phone. I made a new account with public so that it shouldn’t use the old number, but just looking to see. 

5 REPLIES 5

CameronH2001

So I should be good to order it? How long does it take to request a new number on a new account? I made the new one just so it didn’t interfere with my new phone. Just gonna use this one for work on the road 

@CameronH2001  You pick a number or transfer number during activation one of the last steps after making payment 

CameronH2001

So do I have to wait until I get the SIM card and put it in my phone for it to ask me about a number? Because I couldn’t remember when I did it the first time if it asked for my number before I ordered the sim or when I put it in my phone. If that’s the case I’ll order it and try it today. 

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CameronH2001 If you start a new account with Public Mobile you don't have to transfer in an existing number so you should be able to create a new account and select a random new phone number from a list of about 5 or 6 that they show you. You will need to have a new SIM card or sign up for an eSIM IF your phone is eSIM compatible

Need Help? Let's chat.