cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting set up

erikal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was getting started - activated my SIM card, selected a new phone number, selected the plan but realized I had not recorded my new phone number, so hit the back arrow and it didn't go back to the phone number screen - I activated the chat and was sent here - I've signed up for an account many times (first time when I purchased my SIM card) but I can never access it???? Wondering about this phone plan if it will be worth it - their website sucks!

Need to know how to access the phone number I chose, so I can continue to select the plan - or do i have to start all over again???

8 REPLIES 8

gsrobbie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If by "I had not recorded my new phone number" you mean that you don't remember the number you chose, you can access it under 'contacts' ... it appears as the first contact on my phone. Your phone might be different.

On the other hand if you mean you didn't record the new number on your phone, you shouldn't have to because it is automatically recorded onto your SIM card when you chose it. A phone number is not 'recorded' anywhere other than on the sim card.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@erikal 

It sounds like you completed up to step 4 but if you click Confirm on the payment step. You will need to contact a CSAgent by clicking on the SIMon chat button and type in “create a ticket” for the CSAgent to review.

If you did not click on Confirm then you might be able to start over but clear your browser and go on incognito.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@erikal wrote:

I activated the chat and was sent here - I've signed up for an account many times (first time when I purchased my SIM card) but I can never access it???? 

@erikal I don't quite understand the above part?

So, does it mean you used this link to activate the SIM you have?: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Were you charged for the plan amount?

If so, can you log into your Self Serve account, here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Also, insert your SIM and see if you have any services.

If you are having network issues, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@erikal wrote:

I was getting started - activated my SIM card, selected a new phone number, selected the plan but realized I had not recorded my new phone number, so hit the back arrow and it didn't go back to the phone number screen - I activated the chat and was sent here - I've signed up for an account many times (first time when I purchased my SIM card) but I can never access it???? Wondering about this phone plan if it will be worth it - their website sucks!

Need to know how to access the phone number I chose, so I can continue to select the plan - or do i have to start all over again???

@erikal 

Buying a SIM card does not activate it. 

There are basically 3 accounts with Public Mobile:

1-to purchase SIM's and/or phones

2-Community account where you are erikal as your username

3-Self Serve (My Account) - this is for only Public Mobile customers that have a working phone number or account suspended within 90 days.

I believe you have only created an account to order the SIM card. Is this correct?

Did you complete the SIM card activation, found here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation after you received your SIM card?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@erikal   the account you setup for buying SIM would be different from the account you setup for SIM activation.

You said you activated the SIM, did you go all the way to the end and Submit for activation before you try to go back?

Did you check your credit card to see if it was charged?

You must have entered an email address for activation, did you get any email from PM regarding the activation?

Did you try putting your SIM in a phone?  What is showing on the screen, did it show SIM Not provisioned?  or you see Public Mobile on the top of the screen and signal bar showing some signal?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@erikal 

You mentioned you activated your sim card. Can you log into self service and you will see your number under Plan Details?

Did your cc get charged? If not try activating again in 1 hour. If yes put SIM card in and reboot phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@erikal 

Need To Create an Account click Here ,

can you go sign in to Self-Serve,  to view your Account Status: is Active or !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@erikal 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.