cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost internet in Waterloo, ON

Warguy94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today when I left for work I randomly lost all internet. I confirmed that I can still make a receive calls but no internet. I have double checked the APN, rebooted, removed the sim, etc but still nothing. The top still says 'no internet'/ 

11 REPLIES 11

@Warguy94 You can also try disabling LTE, and forcing 3G mode (aka HSPA or WCDMA) to see if that makes any difference.

Other than that, testing the SIM in another phone as previously suggested, and lastly opening a ticket with the CS agents to see if anything needs to be reset on the back-end...

@Warguy94 

Are you able to try your SIM into another compatible phone to rule out if this is a device issue or not?

Also, if you go into your Mobile Connections and manually select LTE (rather than auto selection that is likely already selected), does that help you with Data services?

Warguy94

Good call re: mms. MMs does send. APN is 100% correct and I've even created a second and selected it but still 'no internet'. Guess it's ticket time. 

@Warguy94 

Does MMS messaging work?  Picture messaging.  That requires data to be functioning properly.

Maybe screenshot the APN settings.  Sometimes one small typo can affect proper data usage.

If all fails, you may want to contact customer service agent then, but it may take a few hours to respond.  CSA will check if the issues is on PM service problem.

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact CSA.  Type: my data not working. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Warguy94

It shows connected with 4g in the corner. Also states it's connected to PM. 

@Warguy94 , I assume you are able to connect to the network and just mobile data is not working?  When you check SIM status on the phone, does it show mobile network state as disconnected?  

Warguy94

No reported outage. Airplane mode toggeled a few times, apns checked, network reset still nothing. No other phone to test. 

@Warguy94  are you on Android?  Android has a setting to stop data if limit is reached.  If you are on Android, it is possible you either setup a data limit or the cycle start date not matching Public Mobile's cycle.  Please check

@Warguy94 

Maybe service outage in the area?

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

Can also try 

toggle airplane mode, then off

network reset of phone

You can also try the SIM card in another working phone. Helps determine whether hardware issue vesus PM service problem

Warguy94

Not a data issue. 66mb of 5gb used. Also, the selfserve public mobile page doesn't work either which would if I was out of data. Very annoying as I have to catch a train to work..

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account to check if you have data remaining.  If no data appears then you have used it up.  You can either purchase an add-on 1 GB for $15 or you could contact a CSA to renew early.

Need Help? Let's chat.