cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble activating and porting

scooter85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

having issues with the sim not activating...

Let me begin by saying that I have had PM on my phone for 3 years now and have had zero issues.

I managed to talk my wife into it and she purchased a new phone with the intention of porting her number from Telus.

She contacted Telus about canceling and she was on this weird plan were she needs to return her phone.
(they gave us a mailing bag and a box to return it in)

We stopped in at London Drugs here in Victoria yesterday and got the new Sim card and put it into the phone.

we were told to wait 24 hours for the port to complete.

testing with my phone I was able to get to her VM on Telus...We waited the 24 hours but Her new PM sim never activated.

in the meantime she received a text on her old phone from Telus verifying the port.
She replied "yes" after which the Telus phone lost it's network connection.

now she has a dead old Telus phone and a new PM phone with no network connection.

We returned to london drugs to troubleshoot.
We put my Sim in her new phone to verify connection and sure enough it works.
I put her sim in my phone and alas nothing.

The guy at London drugs swapped the sim and verified it through my wife’s email.
and even with the new sim, my wife’s phone still will not activate on the PM network.

We haven’t returned her original Telus phone yet as I wanted to confirm the new one is working.
I have been in contact with Telus 3 times and they verified that the port was successful.

every time I call her number I get a generic message that the number is not in service.
We have setup her PM account and it says that the phone and account is active.

needless to say she is not impressed and I really hope her number isn't lost.

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

- Scooter

8 REPLIES 8

@scooter85 

Great that everything finally worked out for the porting.

I hope your wife used your Referral code for $10 off her second month bill?

@scooter85 ,

haha. .but for sure Chatbot wasn't the reason.. the phone  reboot could be

and you didn't open a ticket with PM or PM agent not reply yet and it is working suddenly? 

scooter85

Thanks everyone.

Your suggestions were really helpful.

When we woke up on Sunday morning (3 days after the port) 

I decided to try the bot in the bottom right corner.

I had my wife restart the phone once again just to be sure....and bazinga!!!

It's working on PM network.

I called her on my phone and the port worked.

Now all I have to do is convince her to stay with PM.

Lol

Thanx again

- Scooter

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@scooter85  - uh oh, you will be in the doghouse now!

While you wait for a response from a PM Customer Support agent, which I am sure they will fix this right up 🙂 ...try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then restart

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@scooter85   Understand your frustration 

did you open ticket with PM yet?  

for porting, even before porting was completed, you should at least able to make outgoing calls and text and data will work.

When you put the PM SIM in a phone, did it say SIM not provisioned or No Network?    At least in the last 2 weeks, I think there are couple cases that account was activated but SIM not provisioned properly.    It is a very easy fix on PM side.  Just open a ticket with them and they can fix it on the back end.  

If you have not done so, please do it now:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

ChrisL15

Hello,

I had a similar experience.  I sent my ticket  by going through the chatbot SIMon on the bottom right.  The customer support agent assigned to me was able to confirm that my port was successful and that the activation was successful. 

My problem was the SIM card; it was showing "No SIM" or "Insert SIM' as the message even though I put in a SIM card.  I got a new SIM card and re-linked it to my self-serve account, which worked for me.

After I put in the new SIM card, I got the "No service" message.  Then I proceed to restart my phone and that worked for me.  I was able to receive a call to my original phone number.  Hope that helps.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@scooter85 Looks like porting did not complete and you are stuck in a limbo. Reach out to PM CS agent and they should be able to reinitiate the port in request. 
It's always a good idea to choose a new number during activation and port in later. This way, you will have a working sim at least. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@scooter85 wrote:

having issues with the sim not activating...

Let me begin by saying that I have had PM on my phone for 3 years now and have had zero issues.

I managed to talk my wife into it and she purchased a new phone with the intention of porting her number from Telus.

She contacted Telus about canceling and she was on this weird plan were she needs to return her phone.
(they gave us a mailing bag and a box to return it in)

We stopped in at London Drugs here in Victoria yesterday and got the new Sim card and put it into the phone.

we were told to wait 24 hours for the port to complete.

testing with my phone I was able to get to her VM on Telus...We waited the 24 hours but Her new PM sim never activated.

in the meantime she received a text on her old phone from Telus verifying the port.
She replied "yes" after which the Telus phone lost it's network connection.

now she has a dead old Telus phone and a new PM phone with no network connection.

We returned to london drugs to troubleshoot.
We put my Sim in her new phone to verify connection and sure enough it works.
I put her sim in my phone and alas nothing.

The guy at London drugs swapped the sim and verified it through my wife’s email.
and even with the new sim, my wife’s phone still will not activate on the PM network.

We haven’t returned her original Telus phone yet as I wanted to confirm the new one is working.
I have been in contact with Telus 3 times and they verified that the port was successful.

every time I call her number I get a generic message that the number is not in service.
We have setup her PM account and it says that the phone and account is active.

needless to say she is not impressed and I really hope her number isn't lost.

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

- Scooter

@scooter85 

You need to contact PM to troubleshoot the porting:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

Need Help? Let's chat.