cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Porting Home VOIP to PM - in search for the SIM & Activation Form

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dear Community:

After waiting patiently I finally received a text from PM system that I need to go to publicmobile.ca and Click Contact Us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.

I have looked through all the pages on publicmobile.ca and cannot find this form.. 

Can someone please point me to it.. I think I missed it completely.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Sarlye

@Sarlye wrote:

Dear Community:

After waiting patiently I finally received a text from PM system that I need to go to publicmobile.ca and Click Contact Us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.

I have looked through all the pages on publicmobile.ca and cannot find this form.. 

Thanks!

Just want to update you all on my porting from home VOIP phone to PM.

It is finally done after 4 attempts and by the time the staff from porting department contacted me by phone, we figured out what the hold up was.

I had given them the name of the company name and address, unfortunately, somewhere along the way on the porting request, the company address became my physical address and as it did not matched the address on file, it was rejected.

For future reference if you plan to port from home VOIP to PM, do the following:

1.Give keep your old account active for 2 - 3 weeks in case of porting difficulties (mine lasted 15 days)

2. Send the following in an private message to the moderator:

Topic/Heading: Need help porting: VOIP# 604-333-3333 Temp# 604-999-9999 

a. Your invoiced name

b. Your invoiced address

c.  Company Name

d.  Account number for reference

Overall, the moderator team and the porting department was 5 stars in their customer service. There is a bit of wait, but if you have the correct information, the moderator will get back to you.

Sarlye

@Triguy wrote:

I think this is the link you are looking for.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Hi, I have already activated the SIM to a temporary number, this is to port my VOIP home number to PM. This is more arduous process. I need to fill out the info for the existing home VOIP account, in this case - AIC Global Communications Inc. to transfer my number over.

Thanks!

Sarlye

Thanks I have contacted them.. Smiley Very Happy

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sarlye wrote:

Dear Community:

Thanks!

@Sarlye  For the port to complete you need to provide Public Mobile with all the VOIP details. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sarlye wrote:

Dear Community:

Thanks!

Apparently, it's a bit of a fake-out misnomer. It means that the port has stumbled. You need to contact the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I think this is the link you are looking for.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think this is the link you might be looking for?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Need Help? Let's chat.