cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to port old phone number from deactivated account/SIM, not receiving calls/texts

CSDToka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used to have a pay as you go Rogers account and had the old phone number on that old SIM card. The balance expired a long time ago. I tried to port that phone number to my PM SIM card. Since the old account had 0 balance and the SIM was deactivated on my phone I obviously didn't get any verification text I could reply to. I am able to send calls and texts on the old number but unable to receive anything. 

Do I just need to wait for the porting process to finish/complete? If not and if this fails can I get my PM number I was using before the port back?

Also when I login to PM it sends a text to the now deactivated PM number for the 2FA. Is there a place I can change this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

CSDToka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. I talked to Rogers and said this number is deactivated and back in the pool of open numbers for them. But on the PM network I can send/receive calls and texts. It seems like it applied to the Telus/PM network but not the general network.

Not sure how the routing works, but if the port request fails but it seems like the Canadian Numbering Authority area codes and numbers are more of a suggestion than a rule. Can PM "steal" this number from Rogers since it is back in the pool now?

Need Help? Let's chat.