cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to GREECE ... is there a data / text/ phone roaming plan with PublicMobile.. I can't find

77Crosswind
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10 REPLIES 10

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hairbag1 yes, this is also a great option as long as the device supports eSIM since they do not offer physical SIM cards. 

@eddieO 

airlo.com has competitive pricing on travel data packages for use in most country's including Greece. Then you can use Whatapp and imessage wherever you are with or w/o wifi.

https://www.airalo.com/greece-esim

@77Crosswind wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply....  I wonder if standard iphone texts will work with Wifi abroad ?

iMessage will work with your local wifi as well as WhatsApp will also work.

eddieO

@77Crosswind I think it will but I'll know for sure in a few weeks when I'm also in Europe 🙂

But if not, I'm planning to use WhatsApp over WiFi

77Crosswind

Thanks for the quick reply....  I wonder if standard iphone texts will work with Wifi abroad ?

77Crosswind

Thanks for the quick reply !   

Sorry, but there is no Public Mobile service available in Greece.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@77Crosswind  unfortunately not. Public  Mobile has no roaming outside of the US without a package. 

You would have to use wifi or local SIM in Greece or Europe. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@77Crosswind 

no add-on or plan for use anywhere other than Canada or USA...sorry. You'd need a local sim or a voip app.

eddieO

@77Crosswind unfortunately PM only offers roaming in the US. For all other destinations you will need to get a local SIM/phone plan or if you have access to WiFi you can use apps like TextNow, WhatsApp etc

Need Help? Let's chat.