cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling to Colombia. What are my options for International roaming?

RKR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I leave for Colombia in just over and week and would like to take my phone. I know and have read that they are promising international ads ons for several months now, has this finally done? Or am I out of luck when it comes to international roaming/calling/texting?

Thank you guys!

7 REPLIES 7

rixpush
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! You can get a prepaid SIM card or a Pocket WiFi in Colombia on www.padifly.com

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As mentioned, Buy a local sim. when i was in mexico (i know not columbia)  a 30 day plan with data was super cheap, I was jelous of their rates.  Columbia might offer a similar experience. 

What I woudl do is before leaving Canada crate a fongo (VOIP)account and free canadian tel number and forward your calls to fongo.  when in columbia and you are on wifi or data your calls will ring on your fongo number, or you can check your fongo voiemail

If you want your sms to be forwarded you can install a sms forwading app on an old phone and install the PM sim in the old phone. SMS will be forwarded typically to email or to fongo.  for sms forwading to work teh old phone and sim need to be ppwered on all teh time.

have a great trip

as mentioned above, buy locally! Way much better value for your money compared to Canadian romaning packages 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Learn to shop locally.  There is never a bargain to be had when many middlemen want to take their cut.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Nothing. Unfortunately the only add ons they have work on the US only. And I don't think they are thinking about expending, (at least not publicly ). Your best guess is to buy a local SIM from there as they tend to be way less expensive then most Canadian Roaming options since your phone should be unlocked already 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
There's no roaming options available for Colombia as of now they only have USA roaming plan
Best option for you get a temp sim depending on how many days you going for also best other option fongo forwards your number will work on Wi-Fi

Here's one of Colombia prepaid sim option must be lot more if you Google it

http://www.telestial.com/colombia-sim-card

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

They haven't promise anything about offering international roaming add-ons. 

Need Help? Let's chat.