cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel to the U.S

Ninachen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I made add-ons before departing from Canada to the United States and it was the worst experiment I ever had with this company. It was like not having the internet at all. I wasted $35 on the add-ons so I could not use the service I paid for. What is the point of this when I could have gotten a sim card in the US that would work perfectly for the same price? I don't know what you guys planned to do to make this better but right now it sucks and I'm almost at my limit.

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ninachen 

I would definitely let PM know that you couldn’t connect to Roaming if you set your cellular network to AT&T or T-Mobile.

PM should review their contract with AT&T and T-Mobile for using their cell towers.

Contact a CS_Agent for a refund if you couldn’t connect to Roaming.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ninachen 

hi contact a cs agent to ask for a refund 

you can open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send a private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ninachen   PM partner with AT&T and T-Mobile for US roaming.  Data should work without much trouble except some manual work might be needed, like manually connect to the 2 networks instead of relying on Automatic network selection, or enabling Roaming Data.  It is true that some area could be difficult to connect because of the the Coverage with the 2 carriers (like Alaska)

If you have not used the data at all, or at least not a lot, open a ticket with PM support and let them know your experience, they might be able to do something based on your situation:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Ninachen 

next time when you buy it add-ons for USA it's 10 day packages and when you are in united states then buy it.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Roaming has complications anywhere you go. Your phone needs to be able to connect to roaming partners. Roaming data needs to be turned on. Talk is very problematic now with the roaming partners shutting down their 3G networks leaving us with just T-Mobile on 2G being able to talk. So your phone has to be able to do 2G.

What all did you buy for $35? There's a known bug with buying multiple talk roaming. Like one or two or all of talk alone, talk/text bundle or talk/text/data bundle.

When did you buy them? If last week then do you still see money in your balance?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Ninachen 

contact to support team by CS_Agent  to remove the add-ons from your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.