Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You'll have to wait until morning now, just try and be patient. Someone will contact you as soon as possible.

rubadubspawn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been waiting for a response for > 3 hours and still no help unfortunately.

The FM SIM says it's invalid when I try to re-register, when I try to make a call it says I don't have talk included in the plan, when I try to log into self-service, the system doesn't recognize my email address even though I registered when I went through the sign up process.

My FM SIM still works - which I assume is better than nothing, but this has been a bit of a disappointment.

I am trying to be patient - but with the countdown to the end of the promo rolling around and with one account in limbo and a second I am waiting to see how this works... I am frustrated.

Rockdaddy22
@Binen don't worry you'll get it. Mods are a little busy, so please just be patient. You will definitely get the promo.

Rockdaddy22
Has your credit card been charged already?

rubadubspawn

Hi

I just got a SIM, went thru the activation process - got to the end and then got a message saying "Opps something went wrong"

When I try to re-activate, SIM now says is invalid.

Is this just part of the porting process?

What can I expect?

Thank you.

Binen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks

I did that yesterday and got my phone working again after not having any service for over 15 hours!

Now just waiting for the Mods @Mary_M  @Shazia_K to respond to my private message for refund and addition of the 6GB promo! I hope I don't lose the promo!

Binen

Thanks @Rockdaddy22 I did that yesterday and got my phone working again after not having any service for over 15 hours!

Now just waiting for the Mods to respond to my private message for refund and addition of the 6GB promo!

Rockdaddy22
So can you top up $10 and activate? How much money is showing in your account?

Ank1982

I am having the same issue. I cant make or recieve any calls and can not use data. @Mary_M i have sent you a PM.

Binen

I did the same! Added another $10 and selected the options. And everything seems to work fine.

Thanks @tchen @Rockdaddy22

@Mary_M: Could you please refund the $10 and add the additional 6GB bonus when you get to this? Will PM you with details again. Thanks.

tchen

I end up top up my account and updated the plan based on the suggestion of another thread and the phone is working now. Please process the refund of the wrong plan for the initial activation @Rockdaddy22 @Mary_M when you get the chance. 

Thanks, 

Tim

Rockdaddy22
Try and be patient guys. Make sure you send private messages and the mods will get back to you as soon as possible.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you @tchen,

one of us will get back to you as soon as we can!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

tchen

I have the same issue too. I activated it this morning at 12AM and now my phone is not usable anymore.  

I PMed the detail info to @Mary_M as instructed, please help. 

Thanks, 

Tim

Binen

I am having the same issue! No talk, text or data since porting yesterday.

I have pmed @Mary_M with account details! Hopefully it will get fixed soon and I can use my phone again.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @hsshin,

thank you for reaching out to us and for your patience, we truly appreciate it !

I am confirming that your private message has been received and will be treated shortly, you should expect a reply within the next few minutes!

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

hsshin
I have a exactly same issue as you.
I activated 90 days plan about 2pm today.
I sent a PM to MOD with my account details as advised by other community members.

Rockdaddy22
How much money is showing in your account? You've encountered a new bug that's been going around lately.

Rockdaddy22
You'll need to contact a mod asap

plee73

Hi,

I tried porting my existing Freedom mobile number over onto the current promotion and it selected the 90 days with province wide calling, international text and 6 gig data.  It currently says that i i'm on pick and pay $10 per 30 days, does it mean that I still need to wait for the port to be complete?  I just ported the number over around 2 pm on Sunday.

Rockdaddy22
No problem, please keep me updated on you situation.

currylife4

Great, thanks!

Rockdaddy22
Please make sure you guys send a private message to a mod asap. Include
Full name
Sim number
Phone number you want to port
Email address
Account number with Freedom
And anything else you can think of

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

currylife4

Hi,

I tried to port in a Bell number and it seemed succesful from the message given but I am still on my previous number. It has now been 24 hours since the attempt, could someone help me out?

Thank you,

James

mtbdroyal

Hello,

I got a text asking to go to the SIM & Activation form but I can't seem to find it . Please help. Porting from FM

Rockdaddy22
If you don't mind telling us a little about this problem you're having that would be great. If you've already attempted to port but its failed, you should contact a mod. Provide them with:
Sim number
Phone number you want to port
Email address
Full name
Account number with Freedom
Plus any other info you can think of.
If you provide all that it'll prevent a lengthy back and forth. Please keep me updated on your progress.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/No-Data-or-APN-options-for-unlocked-i...

sicape

Hi there. I am trying to port my Freedom number to Public mobile to enjoy the $40 promotional plan with 4GB of data. I am having issue with the porting process. My number is still active though. Any help will be much appreciated. I only have 2 days left to get this plan. So please help. Thanks

punkajay

Success!

Bonus 6GB showed up after two days.  It's apparent you can ask a mod here if you still don't get the bonus yet.  I'm loving the service too!

Rockdaddy22
I figured it was that bug. When you said the freedom sim wasn't working I figured the port had completed but the plan didn't take. I'm so happy Shaz was able to take care of you.

Welcome to the PM family 🙂

KestrelBee

Apparently the port was complete, but the plan didn't get added to my account properly.  Shaz helped me and fixed it.  Everything works now.  Thanks for your help!

Need Help? Let's chat.