cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my phone number.

Joycehichs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m having trouble transferring my phone number from my previous carrier to public mobile. Can you please help.

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Joycehichs check the number sent by @RossN , call them and they can send the porting request again and you will get the sms after

@Joycehichs 

in that  link  see the phone number to contact Port Team,

Joycehichs

No it was over 90 minutes 

@Joycehichs i will send you number to call ,check your inbox

Joycehichs

I’m currently with Bell

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Joycehichs 

Transfer (publicmobile.ca)

If the previous troubleshooting steps didn’t work, and it has taken more than 2 business hours to transfer your mobile number, you will need the help of a Customer Support AgentChatbot

Joycehichs

I did that, but I missed the 90 minute time line to reply. I’m trying to redo it and can’t.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Joycehichs hi when transferring a number you need to leave old sim in your phone to receive text to transfer, you must reply yes within 90 minutes, did you do that?

@Joycehichs wrote:

I’m having trouble transferring my phone number from my previous carrier to public mobile. Can you please help.

Which carrier are you coming from?  Did you already initiate the process. You need to leave your old carrier's SIM card in your device so that you can reply to a text message from the old carrier to approve the phone number transfer.

Need Help? Let's chat.