cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my phone number from Koodo?

asjaarda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all, 

I have purchased a new iPhone and a Sim Card from Public Mobile. I am having a difficult time transferring my number from my old phone and phone plan (I was with Koodo) to my new phone. I really don't want to have to change my number! Any feedback or links to point me in the right direction would be appreciated!! 

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Make sure you keep your Koodo account open until your port completes. If it closes, you won't be able to port your number. You should be able to continue using your Koodo account as well until everything is completed and Koodo will cancel your account for you in the end.

Unfortunately this means paying for both Koodo and PM simultaneously if PM is already activated.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you keep your Koodo account open until your port completes. If it closes, you won't be able to port your number. You should be able to continue using your Koodo account as well until everything is completed and Koodo will cancel your account for you in the end.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@asjaarda wrote:

Hey all, 

I have purchased a new iPhone and a Sim Card from Public Mobile. I am having a difficult time transferring my number from my old phone and phone plan (I was with Koodo) to my new phone. I really don't want to have to change my number! Any feedback or links to point me in the right direction would be appreciated!! 

Thanks! 

@asjaarda  If it is Koodo prepaid then you need to ask the moderator team to setup the port for you because PM and Koodo prepaid share many of the backend systems.

Just activate your PM sim card  with a temp PM number and complete your selfserve account setup.

Once that is done just include your Koodo account number, name on account and the phone number and they will do it for you.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

According to the CWTA, it should take only 2-5 hours for wireless numbers to be ported. 

@goldilock wrote:

@asjaarda When you say that you have a "difficult time transferring your old number" can you please elaborate on what exactly do you mean?

If you are new to public mobile and put in a request to port your number, it takes time for the old company to release the number to public mobile. You will receive a text from PM once it is completed. 

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@asjaarda When you say that you have a "difficult time transferring your old number" can you please elaborate on what exactly do you mean?

If you are new to public mobile and put in a request to port your number, it takes time for the old company to release the number to public mobile. You will receive a text from PM once it is completed. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

So did you activate an account with public mobile yet? And you're trying to port your old number or are you trying to open the account and port all at the same time? 

Need Help? Let's chat.