slobbybobby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m having trouble transferring my number 

12 REPLIES 12

submit ticket , they can bring the line in if you submit ticket 

slobbybobby

called porting team 

did you open ticket or call that porting team? I think you need to open ticket in your case 

Just open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen       

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

slobbybobby

we did do that and when we spoke to the agent at PM to port the number she said it wasn't possible !!

does anyone know what they are doing anymore in these companies !!

such a hassle 

slobbybobby

we did activate with a new number. we then called in to the porting agent and she said it wasn't possible???

HI @slobbybobby 

don't cancel the account.  I think the agent just not explained clearly.    Any account with Koodo and Telus can be ported into PM as effectively they are all the same Telus company

But with Koodo prepaid account, you don't request porting during the activation.  You will need to activate with a new number first.  After the account is setup and working, you can then submit the ticket with PM agent and they will simply move the number over.  

Koodo and PM are both owned by Telus, so you can port for sure.  Just the steps is different 

from Koodo Prepaid, you need to get a temp. number (net new) first, then ask PM to manual bring the number over. 

So, you don't have to cancel, activate new number first. 

slobbybobby

so I want to cancel my account 

slobbybobby

public is telling me I cannot port my number over from Koodo pre paid

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @slobbybobby 

assuming you are porting your number from another carrier into PM, just want to confirm if you have provided the account number of your old carrier? is the line and account with the old carrier still active?  and  did you get a text from the old carrier, did you reply YES?

If you did all above,  can you receive inbound phone calls, especially from Non-Telus/Koodo/PM phone?  If you cannot , then the port was not done

For porting in only,  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

transfer in or out? you need to tell us more

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@slobbybobby  ok, could you elaborate more? What is the trouble? Are you transferring to or away from Public Mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.