cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a number to Public Mobile

Predrag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still can't transfer my number from another carrier. I managed only partially - got the SMS from my old carrier and confirmed that I wanted to transfer the number to Public Mobile, but then got an error message from Public Mobile.
Then in the Profile section at Public Mobile, my "transferred" number was listed as My Number, but 12 hours later I was still getting phone calls to that number to my old SIM card. Now when I try to transfer the number, I get a message " Phone number not eligible for port".

What is happening?

6 REPLIES 6

Predrag

I sent a private message to @CS_Agent yesterday but still got no answer. If I don't get an answer today, I'll reach out to the CRTC regulatory body.
So far I contacted them twice - for Freedom Mobile and for the internet provider issues, and they reacted promptly and solved the issue.

@Predrag  If the chatbot doesn't seem to be working you can contact customer service by private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Keep monitoring your community inbox for an agent's reply, envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for a drop down menu with Messages.  I assume you have also been checking this for a reply to your tickets?

Bear in mind customer service agents hours are 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST, they are not 24/7

Robbo26

What carrier was you going from? Have you tried restarting your phone? Also try contacting your old carrier (as I assume you can speak to them) and see if they can see why it's not come accross yet 

Sorry, but those who reply here are customers and are unable to assist.  You'll need to wait for a response from a customer support agent.

Predrag

I already tried using the chatbot and so far submitted 3 tickets since this morning. So far haven’t received a single answer. That is why I decided to ask for help here.

Customers are unable to use the Public Mobile Self Sere to try again. You must get the help of a Public Mobile customer support agent.  Please use the chatbot to open a ticket, but if that doesn't work, send a private message to CS_Agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.