cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Number, Strange Text Message.

JonathanHH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am trying to transfer my number from an old provider and went through the process but now I have a text message that reads:

"Hey, its Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect account number. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. You can also get in touch via our virtual assistant at: (link not given because it is a security risk)

Im not going to type in the link because when i clicked it I got a security risk message stating someone is trying to hack my account or something like that. 

so I dont know what to do at this time. is there a number I can call?

Kind Regards.

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JonathanHH  not strange, it is a valid message.  You properly entered something wrong for porting details.  Just call the porting them @esjliv  sent you.  They will advise and help

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JonathanHH 

Call the telus porting department phone number with your account # to correct the info you entered. Then put the old Sim card back in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text)within 90 minutes of receiving it. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JonathanHH  sorry, no one will likely call you.

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

Need Help? Let's chat.