cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred phone number

Sopaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up my son for public mobile and transferred his number over. And then when I was asked to confirm for full address and a code will be sent to the number. The code was sent to another number I've never seen. And when calling, and was asked to provide the phone number, said they were having trouble locating the number. I've already paid for this plan. And would like it resolved.

5 REPLIES 5

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sopaul this is the type of post that belongs in the 'Get Support' Section of The Community. 

Next time for fast, and more immediate support from other Community members post in the Get Support Section. (Link below if you can't find it.)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/bd-p/get-support

@Sopaul 

if the code was never installed, YES, PM support can help.  However, if the code was used and just deleted , then you have to move back to physical sim card

But no worry, check with PM support first , message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Sopaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The QR code is no longer valid. Is there a way I can start this whole thing all over?

@Sopaul 

if it is an issue with eSIM, did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you automatically, or you will get a QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have any active sim on the phone , disable them (eSIM/Physica sim) or remove the physical sim.  Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sopaul 

For get the login My Account for now

So, you already put in the phone number to transfer and the info? you completed that steps?

if so, put your old sim card back and make sure you recevie a text from your old provider and you need to reply YES

once replied, put your PM sim card back in and see if you can make outgoing calls.  For incoming, you should get it on your PM sim card within 2 hours, keep reboot every 30 mins and check

There is a number to call to talk to live support, .  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and they can provide status update to your port

Need Help? Let's chat.