cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred number

JRHArsenault
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred my number two weeks ago from Lucky Mobile and still can’t send or receive texts or calls from certain people 

18 REPLIES 18

JRHArsenault

Yes it took hours back and forth between the two carriers to get resolved 

Hi @JRHArsenault how was this resolved?? after open ticket with CS Agent as advised hours ago??

JRHArsenault

Fixed it problem with the porting

Moved:

Response was the same as someone else from more than 1.5 hours earlier to open a ticket - solution corrected

JRHArsenault

Got it fixed!! Problem with the porting

JRHArsenault

She is my daughter 

@JRHArsenault wrote:

People can’t call her but she can call them does that make sense at all?

@JRHArsenault   one second.. who is SHE?  the one who just ported  the numbe into PM?  IF so, does that mean she is actually NOT receiving incoming calls or incoming text at all?

or you are one who ported, and she is the one you cannot call and text?  and Just one person you cannot call and text?

@JRHArsenault wrote:

Do these calls go to her voicemail @JRHArsenault ?

If so, check that the caller(s) have not been accidentally blocked in the contact app.

Or, does she have her settings set up to only accept callers that exist in her calling app? If so, she can add these callers to her contact list, or turn that setting off completely.

EDIT, and to confirm...some incoming calls are coming to her phone right? Because if not, then this could be a stuck port; and if that is the case contact a CSA from softech's post above.

JRHArsenault

Tried all of that 

JRHArsenault

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JRHArsenault  - try performing a Reset of the device's Network Settings.

If using an iphone (new to you) that is new to your phone number, deregister the number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The porting process and text went off without a hitch then? You cna do some troubleshooting yourself and swap sims or call family or friends to see what comes up 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

So you are saying EVERYTHING works: in/out SMS, calls, Internet but cannot make connections with certain people?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You did type some other details but is your Lucky account still active? Did you confirm the transfer text? Are you using an iphone?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JRHArsenault   so, incoming calls and text are generally working?

for those who you cannot send or receive calls, any chance they are all from one  particular provider? or they are random?  And you do not just have problem with 1 particular one?

i think you tried rebooting your phone?  did you try to manually key in the  phone number with a 1 in front of the 10 digits?   (Do you just use the contact or call /reply back on an old history)  See if calls go through that way

Also, try to put your PM sim in another phone to test calling and testing  those numbers and see if it works on another phone

if none of the suggestions help, open ticket with PM Support and see if they can reset your account to help

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.