cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer # to new provider, but add a new phone # to current account. What happens to my add-ons?

jgraham1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

We are planning to transfer my daughter's current PM number to new service provider.  After this occurs, I plan on getting a new phone number linked to the current PM account (for her sister to use).  What happens to the add-on's that are currently there?  I presume they are associated with the account and won't disappear.  Correct?

Thanks 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

jgraham1

I was actually just debating this while I mindlessly grocery shopping. Given that the number would stay in the household, it should be pretty easy for her to give it up….but still have the ability to be told if someone is trying to contact her via the old #. 

How old is the account?

If you signed up before January 2022, in other words if you are getting $ rewards instead of points, it might be worthwhile going through the hassle of getting a new number for the person you want to move and just pass on this account to the second person?

Dollar rewards are better than points in almost all cases and it's worth hanging onto them. As mentioned before, if you port the number you are closing the account and will not have access to $ rewards any more since all new accounts are on points.

jgraham1

Drats!!

Sorry, but Public Mobile wouldn't be able to avcomodate this request.  When you port out, the accounts gets permanently closed. 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Once you port the number out, the PM account is immediately cancelled, add-ons and all. 

Unfortunately this type of transfer is not supported by any of our carriers 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.