cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number to new SIM

jmacswain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently lost my phone and am wondering if it's possible to order a new SIM card but keep my old phone number attached to it and insert it into my new phone?

thanks for your help! 

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, it is pretty easy. Get new SIM and do SIM swap through your PM account.

Do not forget to blacklist your lost phone (if you remember IMEI) so it cannot be abused.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jmacswain 

Yes very easy to do. Just get a new SIM and click on Lost or Stolen Phone then Change SIM Card Number.

Your old phone will be Blacklisted so your old phone can’t be used.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jmacswain 

How To Change Your SIM CardIn order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email. To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:
  1. Log into your My Account
  2. Select ‘Update SIM Card’, and in the ‘Change SIM Card Number’ section enter your new SIM card number
  3. In case you have not performed two-factor authentication at login, you will be prompted to perform it now. Select ‘Phone’ or ‘Email’ for the desired mode of security verification.
  4. Enter your Public Mobile phone number or Registered My Account email address and verify that you’re not a bot by entering captcha details.
  5. Select ‘Send Code’ & enter the 6-digit security code sent to your phone number or email address.
  6. Once you have verified your code, click “Save Changes” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!
MrSpock_0-1658532981385.png

MrSpock_1-1658532981385.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jmacswain 

You phone number follows your SIM card. Order one online or pickup at a Telus or Koodo store.

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

Need Help? Let's chat.