cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number from Bell to Public mobile

IsaV7N3G6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I created a public mobile account and bought a plan. A the end of the process I tried to transfer my phone number from Bell to Public Mobile. I received the text from Bell to give the authorization to transfer, I responded yes, but now I paid for a public mobile plan, but my number is not working. I tried to contact public mobile through  their ticket system without success. It takes forever to have a response. Have you experienced this issue and if yes, how did you fix it? I need this phone number on a esim.

Thank you for your help.

8 REPLIES 8

@IsaV7N3G6 wrote:

Yes I can Make phone calls, but when someone calls me it goes directly on my Bell voice mail. It is more than 24h since I said yes to the text.

This means that number porting has failed.  While some incoming calls from other Telus customers may go to your Public Mobile service, calls from customers at other carriers will continue to go to Bell in the meantime.  Please await the response from the Public Mobile customer support agent ot have the request resubmitted.

IsaV7N3G6

Yes I can Make phone calls, but when someone calls me it goes directly on my Bell voice mail. It is more than 24h since I said yes to the text.

@IsaV7N3G6 

if your Bell sim no longer works, the transfer would have completed already

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can confirm the port status.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

IsaV7N3G6

I also called Bell, they said that Public mobile cancelled the operation and I have to fix the issue with Public Mobile before they can do anything for me.

@IsaV7N3G6 

if esim, check if the esim installed correctly

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

if you don't see the Public Mobile esim there, check the Welcome email, there should be a QR code for the esim for you to scan and install manually)

If the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM by private message CS Agent using this link:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there will reply to you there

@IsaV7N3G6 

first, can you make calls?  if you can, the transfer might need another hour and 2 more phone reboot.  Reboot the phone with PM sim every 30 mins and test incoming calls.  If it works, the transfer is completed

but if you cannot even make calls, it is a sim card provisioning issue, please message support for reprovision the sim/account

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

IsaV7N3G6

Yes I replied Yes in the 90 min window. It is an esim and no my old Bell sim does not work anymore. My phone number does not work either with Bell or public mobile. I can't receive any phone call anymore...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@IsaV7N3G6  And you replied YES with in the 90 min window ? Did you put the pm SIM card in the phone and reboot the phone ? And finally does your old bell sim stil work ?

but if chat bot not working for you , you can use this direct  link to support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Need Help? Let's chat.