cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number

TobiasP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried various times to port my number. My number is eligible but the process stopped after entering the information always with the message:

We are unable to transfer your number at the moment?

I try to port my number from Telus to Public Mobile. Should I wait or what can I do?

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @TobiasP 

if it is Telus to PM , it can be done for sure.  You cam choose to activate with a new number first.  After it is all activated submit ticket with Pm for them to help to port

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Call that number anyway. Transferring "in the family" can be done with  a suspended account (not fully deactivated). The multiple attempts are causing that message now. The system already thinks there's a transfer being attempted. If the Telus is still active then remember to put that sim in a phone to confirm.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@TobiasP 

is your Telus account still active? And are you using the account number from the Telus service to enter for the port?

Usually, it’s just a matter of keeping the old provider SIM card in your device, entering the correct information to enable the port, then replying yes to the port authorization request within 90 minutes of receiving it.

Then you simply put your new Public Mobile Sim card in, possibly reboot your phone, and all will work. 

I will send you a number to help with porting, you can get this number by tapping your avatar and going down to messages or the envelope icon, upper right, depending on what system you’re using

Need Help? Let's chat.