cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer not successful

Mohityadav530
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there,

I just started my subscription with public mobile and tried to transfer my number from freedom. Got an email from freedom saying my service has been cancelled but no subscription shows active on public mobile and I'm not able to call or use internet. Freedom mobile is also not working for me. It's been around 3 hours since I activated my subscription. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Mohityadav530 

Maybe try a network reset of the phone.  This will erase any saved wifi passwords.  

If that does not work, you will likely need to contact customer service agent for help.  Submit a ticket via the chatbot or via the following link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Mohityadav530

I do see the PM esim in my phone and it shows network coverage as well for the icon but I'm not able to call or text anyone and can't use internet as well.. There is no option to set it as primary but I've the preference for call and sms to that sim. Whenever i try to call someone, it says I've no subscription active and says line busy whenever someone tries to call me. 

@Mohityadav530 wrote:

It's an eSim. I started the transfer process on the app and then got a text from freedom asking for authorization to which i replied yes and now they've already cancelled my service and I'm not able to access my public mobile account getting the forbidden error. I've tried rebooting multiple times as well. 

@Mohityadav530 

In your phone settings, do you see the PM eSIM?  

If you see the eSIM, try to make it the primary SIM.  

If you don't see the PM eSIM, did you get the email from PM with the QR code for eSIM? 

Mohityadav530

It's an eSim. I started the transfer process on the app and then got a text from freedom asking for authorization to which i replied yes and now they've already cancelled my service and I'm not able to access my public mobile account getting the forbidden error. I've tried rebooting multiple times as well. 

Mohityadav530

I started the transfer process from public through their app and then when i got the text from freedom regarding authorization for transfer, i replied yes. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mohityadav530 

Did you activate a physical SIM card or eSIM?  

Did you try rebooting your phone?  

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mohityadav530 - One thing for porting is that Public Mobile cancels your old freedom account. Did you cancel it before porting / replying YES to freedom for port?

Contact CS_Agent for assistance:

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

Need Help? Let's chat.