cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer eSIM to another device

MichelleDuarte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my eSIM when I switched from other network provider to Public Mobile. When I activated the subscription and eSIM, I did it from my iPad, should have been with iPhone. How can I transfer my eSIM from iPad to iPhone?

3 REPLIES 3

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MichelleDuarte - You cannot, but if your iPad is not:

• M2 iPad Air (13" or 11")
  • M4 iPad Pro (11" or 13")

You can go into your activation email and scan the QR code to install the eSIM, it will look like this:

Welcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-1.pngWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-2.pngWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-3.png

But, if your iPad is the M2 iPad Air or the M4 iPad Pro, you will have to order another eSIM (For Free) in My Account on the device you are intending to install it on as eSIMS are non transferrable at the moment.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MichelleDuarte 

not transfer, but you can get a replacement for free

just download the PM app on the iPhone, login and then buy new esim from the Account page.  The system will not charge you in the end

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MichelleDuarte 

eSIM cannot be moved.  BUT Luckily, you can get a replacement for FREE

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Existing eSIM users at Public Mobile who need a replacement can do so at no extra cost. When you request a new eSIM through the usual process, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee. See below for steps on how to get your new eSIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.