cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer cell #

Tylerleanne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My condo intercom does not accept my cell #, which is registered at another city. Can I have it registered to my present city , without changing the number

6 REPLIES 6

@Tylerleanne wrote:

My condo intercom does not accept my cell #, which is registered at another city. Can I have it registered to my present city , without changing the number

This isn't something that can be done.  A phone number is assigned to a specific city and there isn't any way to change that.  A customer support agent wouldn't be able to assist either.  The city that a phone number belongs to is unmovable.

@Tylerleanne wrote:

I would like to avoid changing my #. The intercom is calling my # a long distance # and it won’t accept it. Some say the # can somehow be registered to present city

@Tylerleanne , I don't think carriers are the ones that look after the area code, prefix and local exchange geographic associations, it is probably a federal agency task.  Note also Public Mobile does not appear to have access to all area codes and prefixes.  One thing you could do is try to obtain a "local phone number" from a different carrier brand like Telus and port in the number.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You mean to change area code and keep actual number?
Highly unlikely PM will have available same number for different area codes. You can always ask agent but I would not hold my breath for positive outcome.

HI @Tylerleanne 

then try using VoIP app since it is free

Download TextNow, pick a number in your city

You can receive calls on the app and hope your intercom will accept that, but it is free to test (free to use the app) 

Tylerleanne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to avoid changing my #. The intercom is calling my # a long distance # and it won’t accept it. Some say the # can somehow be registered to present city

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Tylerleanne 

yes, if you are willing to change phone number, then go to My Account, Profile, click the pencil beside phone number and you can choose a new phone number

Or try using VoIP app, Textnow or Fongo,  and see if your intercom takes number from  VoIP 

Need Help? Let's chat.