cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Old Number from Deactivated Account?

ArmFreq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, like 5+ years ago, I had a PM account. Stopped paying, let it deactivate.

1 month ago, got a new PM SIM, but used the same email address that was associated with the previously deactivated account - was not aware that I would not be able to access self-serve through a deactivated email.

So, this month, got another PM SIM with a new email address so that I can access self-serve. But I like the number associated with the previous SIM from last month better and would like to transfer that if that's possible.

When I go to Plans & Addons there's only the option to transfer "from another provider", and when I check to see if the previous number is eligible, it says "unable".

Is there some other way to go about this? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did they tell you that an old PM email won't work??

I was with PM for a couple years about 4 years ago, left...just came back a few months ago and obv had a deactivated account (with wonderful old rewards I might add) but was able to sign up for my self serve with the same email I used initially.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow   suggestion is the simplest way to go, ask customer support to change emails on the account with the number you prefer.

@ArmFreq wrote:

How would I go about contacting an agent?

To contact CSA, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

- Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with CSA). Click Chatbot - Ticket and type ticket, then click on Contact Us, then click on issue you inquire about. Link for creating ticket will be presented. If ticketing does not work very fist time do the below.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

In either case watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

ArmFreq

Yes, your summary at the end is correct. The problem is that the email associated with PM Account#1 is from a previously deactivated account which means I can't access any of the self-serve options. How would I go about contacting an agent?

Edit: nevermind, the other fellow told me how. Thanks.

HI @ArmFreq   yes, get another email.  Then open ticket with PM CS Agent and they can change the email from that deactivated email to your new one.  To contact CS agent,  at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ArmFreq

I don't keep using the one from last month because it's associated with the deactivated email which means I can't access self-serve. Is there someone I can contact to change the email associated with the deactivated account without going through the self-serve options? How would I go about that? Thanks.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ArmFreq   , if you like the other number more, the one from last month,  why don't you keep using that one?  I know you have a email address associated with that one and you don't like that, you can in fact ask PM to change the email address for that account for you (the only from last month).  but you have to pay for that account again to reactivate

For the one you don't like it (the one from this one), you can let it expire, do not pay again at the end of this month

I think this arrangement is easier 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You cannot transfer number from one PM to another PM account.

There is a possibility to do that with agent's assistance but general question is No.

So you are saying you opened PM Account#1, got nice number, then opened PM Account#2 and want to transfer number from #1 to #2?

Need Help? Let's chat.