cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Number to another Supplier

ChrisHyatt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to transfer my phone number to another provider but I don't have my old sim card. It doesn't work anymore. I need you to bypass the SMS confirmation, this is what my new provider told me.

I am using my husband's account to send you this message as I have been locked out of my own account for several hours now and can't get any help.

6 REPLIES 6

@ChrisHyatt wrote:

My account is still active. I just don't have a working sim card. I cannot receive any text messages to be able to receive the confirmation SMS.

Both accounts have to be active.
If your account is active but SIM does not work you have to get another SIM, transfer number to new SIM and then port out your PM number to another provider.
If your phone is eSIM compatible you might be able to get eSIM for free from PM; if not you have to buy new physical SIM...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisHyatt 

You can get an e-SIM through the PM app to a device which is e-SIM compatible.

Then, proceed with the porting (make SURE you do this before your cycle end date so you're not charged another full cycle).

Reply YES to the port authorization text you'll get from Public Mobile within 90 minutes of getting the text.

Then put the new provider SIM card in device (or e-SIM from them if that's what you're using), reboot device and the port should complete.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisHyatt 

To port your number out. Your PM account must be active and a SIM in your phone. If it is suspended, you need to make a payment to re-activate your account and service.

The only carriers that can confirm are Telus or Koodo without a SIM. They can track your PM account/number.

If other carriers, you will need to purchase a new SIM and update your old SIM card number.

ChrisHyatt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account is still active. I just don't have a working sim card. I cannot receive any text messages to be able to receive the confirmation SMS.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisHyatt  this is a public forum.  Please edit your posts to remove personal info.

Click on the circle by the time top right of screen  to edit and repost message. 

Then click on the link below to message public mobile directly for assistance with porting out.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisHyatt 

is your old PM account still active ? It needs to be in order to port out successfully to a new provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.