cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction fees

Pat6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why am I being charged $1.50 each for 50 texts & 50 minutes, in both May & June when I have not used or done either??

15 REPLIES 15

@hTideGnow- Thank you for the luck wishes (although I'm not flying anywhere anytime soon 🙂 )

Why not magnify it? Don't you think a 300% increase from $10 of rewards getting ones plan down to $0, as heavily marketed by the company, is a substantial increase? That's more than 100%? 60%? 50%? It's real. 30% isn't even real when there are the rewards. No one was paying the $10. Nor are they the $13. The plan was grandfathered over 2 years ago. There will be rewards. Still doesn't make any increase any more bearable.

If they had offered the plan with some enticements maybe I might have bit. I'm a low usage user. I could use a few more texts. But no. It was just a greedy price hike for nothing.

HI@dust2dust   Trust me, I respect you for doing great work to fight again price hike.  

But $3 is 30% from the original $10 , you don't need to play around with math to magnify your argument

Good luck with your flight  fight. 

[update, I like autocorrect LoL]

@hTideGnow    Hmm... a 30% increase (since you think other calculations are not justified) is still an  egregious and outrageous and unnecessary price hike for a bare basic plan.   Why pick out just the one grandfathered plan anyways? 

So did you get a text or an email informing you of the price gouge/forced plan change? Some didn't. Hopefully by now you've heard from a fellow customer who has spearheaded the resistance. The CCTS has so far denied the denials from here. Add your name to the "list".

Pat6

Agreed.

Pat6

Exactly!  Thanks?

Pat6

Ok, thanks, thot it may reflect typical Telus M.O. for a 30 percent rate increase!!

Always looking for options, enough is never enough for Telus!!

@hTideGnow- What is "cunning" about it? It's a fact. By the customer doing nothing but being loyal and autopay on they would have been at at least $6 for their renewal. If they've been here longer then even less. $13 - the same $4 = $9. 6 * 1.5 = 9 = a 50% increase. Math is hard.

I carry a balance in my account. Now the extra $3 is drawing down my balance faster than it was before. Even with adding more rewards with referrals or working harder here it's still another $3 that needs to be paid that takes from my balance after rewards that was not being taken before.

This is not a saving. It's a price gouge with nothing to show for it. If they maybe made it the 100/100 plan maybe I would have thought it was fine. But they didn't. Straight price gouge along with a forced plan change for that price gouge.

The rewards were the attractant for customers to stay. This price gouge negates and nullifies 3 years of loyalty converting it into a 2 year loyalty program to go beyond the price gouge.

I have no thanks for PM. I have no thanks for other fellow customers defending the company. You will hear no sympathy from me if and when rates are increased for your plans. I'll in fact point and laugh like Nelson and say I told you so.

It's not about the amount. It's about the one plan targeted increase and the percentage.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

using $3 /$6 for saying 50% increase is a cunning way to magnify your argument  30% is 30%.  

Some are paying $0 from referral  and will need to pay $3.  3/0  =  infiinity

Some  are paying $0 from referal and will be paying $0 still because they have enough referrals to combat the hike.  So, that is 0% increase?  why not focus on that instead?

You have been paying $6, then you have been saving 40% from the $10 for years.

Now it is $13, you are paying just $9, so there is still a 30% saving.  thanks PM for giving us the saving

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Just semantics on the 30% price hike 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @esjliv  missed that one.

@mimmo wrote:

@dust2dust   i have not see teh breakdown.  of the 13$ plan.  are you saying it is now listed in transaction history as:

connection to network $10

50 text     $1.50

50 minutes $1.50

so total of $13

This post listed the transactions like that @mimmo :

Solved: My phone plan changed without any notice! Getting ... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

esjliv_0-1655292039907.png

mimmo

@dust2dust   i have not see teh breakdown.  of the 13$ plan.  are you saying it is now listed in transaction history as:

connection to network $10

50 text     $1.50

50 minutes $1.50

so total of $13

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This is the result of the company forcing you into a new plan. You were on the $10 plan. Now it's $13. They made a new plan that split out the talk part and the text part.You might have been informed via text. You might have been informed by email. You might not have been informed at all. The company executed this in violation of their own terms and the terms of any and all of the CCTS and WCC and Telecommunications Act.

This, at base, is a 30% rate hike. But you would have at least $2/2 years of loyalty if not more. Maybe you also had autopay on. So at minimum you would have a $6 plan. Now that has become $9. That becomes a 50% increase.

Many of us are livid and have made complaints to those bodies. Please join us. You will likely hear from a user in your private messaging. Please read carefully.

mimmo

where do you see these fees?  on your creditcard statement,, your bank card statement  or in selfserve?    what type of card are you using to pay  a visa debit?  might be your bank charging you the fee?

see below

Need Help? Let's chat.