cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tower Issue in Millbrook

flong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There is a service problem in the area of Millbrook, Ontario. It started about 6 weeks ago right after the storm. Text messaging only works randomly a few times an hour (sending and receiving), and calling is also very spotty. Tower reception is good (same as before.) This issue affects those of us on Public Mobile, Telus, Bell and Koodo similarly. Rogers, Chart customers not affected. Android and iPhone users affected identically.

This is not a phone or SIM card issue because our service works as normal when we're out of the area.

On behalf of the people of this town, somebody at Telus please look into this. I already know people who have switched to Rogers and the rest of us aren't far behind. I've been really happy with Public Mobile and I'd love to stay, but this really has to be fixed sooner than later.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

flong

I got a call back from Telus customer support and they confirmed the issue with their tower in the area, and they've since fixed it. They said they've had a lot of complaints about it over the last two months.

So I'd like to thank them for actually doing something about it. I like the service here with the exception of the occasional glitch, I'm happy not to have to switch carriers now.

@flong wrote:

Side note: I've discovered recently that if we dial our voicemail, the second it connects to voicemail, our pending text messages send successfully all at once. A few of us are using this method now

HI @flong   I wonder if you have a problem with LTE connection and a "ok" connection on 3G

Try to change the phone network type to "3G Only"  (some phone calls it WCDMA only or HSPA only) and see if voice and text both work better

@flong wrote:

Side note: I've discovered recently that if we dial our voicemail, the second it connects to voicemail, our pending text messages send successfully all at once. A few of us are using this method now

@flong - this is an interesting glitch, or rather work-around above, strange. It is like texts are lost in the network, then finds their destination once your phone connects to the voicemail server. I'd mention this to the CSA when you submit a ticket, and see what they say. If you care to share what they report back, that would be interesting.

It is too bad you have been experiencing this for 6 weeks. Sorry to hear it.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Ughhh that would be frustrating. Hopefully a CSA can shed some light on this issue. You could also go into other forums for Telus, Koodo or Bell and see if there is any chatter there and a concerted effort to get this addressed. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@flong hi you can try manually setting your network to 3g that should help with calling but you should contact a cs agent with your issues 

1.  you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@flong   It only affects PM,Telus, Bell and Koodo because they share the same network towers.

If it affects so many different providers, I would assume Bell and Telus are aware of that, but please open a proper ticket with PM support

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

flong

Need Help? Let's chat.