cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Ups

Rogsmobile1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I stop the system from allowing automatic top ups via the phone.  I don't want top ups to be authorized - just the monthly account fee.  Please advise on the process to stop the allowance for top ups.  Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33

@softech- The OP had initially said something about being worried about pressing a button to pay for something he didn't want. Whether the warnings texts give a link to the account or mentions 611 would matter which is why wanted to see what he was seeing. But of course to click or dial through would then require credentials. That's not what the OP was worried about. Until we heard about the daughter. And if in fact the daughter is logging in and buying stuff then that's up to him to control. Of course.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

This is the downfall of 2FA verification. The self-serve account becomes accessible because all that is needed is either access to the email or the phone to be able to access the account. Whereas a password reset verification question cannot the answered by having access to either the phone or the email. One must know the answer to the question.

@Remember- It helps to keep up with the story by reading along. We're past that point now.

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rogsmobile1 wrote:

Okay - then I need Customer Service to clarify as my daughter borrows the phone at times and maybe doing some to these tops ups without my knowledge.  How can I reach Customer Service Agent?

@Rogsmobile1 

if want to open a ticket with PM CS_Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

type: Contact Us and Other 
Finally Click here to submit a ticket
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have error submitting a ticket, send a private message to CS_Agent  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent.

@dust2dust wrote:

I get the 10 minutes left text that gives the link to the account.

@dust2dust   but the link still require password access?  If so and the daughter can login, then it is a much bigger problem, the password needs to be changed as well

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rogsmobile1 

611 is automated but you cannot do anything other than add a voucher without the four digit account pin number. The account pin number is required to make purchases and add payments from the credit card on file. You would have chosen the four digit account pin number upon activation.

Rogsmobile1

Thanks - that could be the problem.  Where is the account PIN located in the account?  Is it easy to see?

@Rogsmobile1   you can reset your PIN number on My Account, 

Just login My Account, Profile page, click PIN and then you will offer the option to change PIN.  Change to something random and just you know , not the last 4 digits of phone number , not birthday, not 1234 or 0000  🙂

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profile/edit/security-informationhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profile/edit/security-information

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Lol.... I have no idea because I've never received one. And if I do receive one I'm going to be in a panic because that's a lot of money I just accidentally spent sort of kind of but not really? 😀😃😄😆😅😂🤣🤣🤣

Rogsmobile1

Hello Softech and Dust:  It could be that she is doing something via 611.  Is that all automated and what pin would be needed?  I haven't set a pin on the account?

@darlicious, @softech - I think these are unknown leaps of deduction. Impressive if true. I get the 10 minutes left text that gives the link to the account. The OP seemed to me to have been referring to something else. What does the 75%/95% data text look like for example?

So sure maybe the daughter's a clever one.

@dust2dust 

OP said "my daughter borrows the phone at times and maybe doing some to these tops ups without my knowledge"

so, look like the daughter top up with *611 and not via My Account

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

I think the reference is that the daughter is phoning 611 and using the four digit account pin to purchase an add-on

@softech- You posted something about needing a pin. That sounded like you know the process of this "message" that the OP is talking about. Perhaps from actual experience. Have you ever received such a message? Where is there a reference to it that says that the 4 digit pin would be needed?

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rogsmobile1 

keep your autopayment on,prepaid service 30 day and not have any extra charges, when any limit of your plan is end it's will be off until renewal date will e back or if want to buying add-ons it's one time purchase.

@dust2dust wrote:

@softech- Then can you provide an image of the message? I'd like to see it.

@dust2dust  huh?

@Rogsmobile1 wrote:

Hi Outdoorsman:  Thanks for the suggestion.  However, I don't want to disable my monthly plan just the option to top up if I run out of data before the next renewal.  I don't want the extra charges for data just the monthly fee and wait till renewal for more data.

There is NO extra charges from PM if you use your minutes or data. You will not able to call out nor use internet. Nobody will charge you extra as you will not use service. You will get new allowance on next renewal which is handled by convenient autopay.

Autopay only tops up to whatever you own for next 30 days of service AFTER applied credit for loyalty, comm rewards, autopay, referrals (old rewards system). PM will not take not one cent extra.

If you need more minutes ($15 plan) or data you will have to buy proper add-on. Again this is YOUr purchase and not forced by PM.

@Rogsmobile1 wrote:

Okay - then I need Customer Service to clarify as my daughter borrows the phone at times and maybe doing some to these tops ups without my knowledge.  How can I reach Customer Service Agent?

@Rogsmobile1   

It looks she has access to your 4 digits PIN.   just change the 4 digits PIN to something she does not know, then she cannot add data add-on

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rogsmobile1 

If your daughter has been purchasing more data then she knows your four digit account pin number. Go into your self-serve account and change the account pin number. If she knows your password change that as well.

@softech- Then can you provide an image of the message? I'd like to see it.

@Rogsmobile1 wrote:

Hi Dust:  The system takes my monthly payment - phone and data then offers a top up option to add more data.  I don't want that charged to my card - just the monthly fee.  It is too easy to just hit the button and deal with the extra payments later.

@Rogsmobile1   No, it is not just hit the button.  It needs 4 digits pin.  

Rogsmobile1

Yes, I would prefer not to go that route but it may be necessary.  Thanks for the suggestion.

@Rogsmobile1 you want to disallow the purchase of add-ons? there is no such option

What you can do is to remove the credit card from the account.  Use only voucher to top up manually ahead of the renewal.  But there are extra manual work to keep track of the renewal date and you need to go out and buy voucher

Can you provide a image of what you're seeing?

Rogsmobile1

@Rogsmobile1 hi you are not charged for a top up of any kind unless you buy it yourself there are no automatic top ups here 

Rogsmobile1

Hi Dust:  The system takes my monthly payment - phone and data then offers a top up option to add more data.  I don't want that charged to my card - just the monthly fee.  It is too easy to just hit the button and deal with the extra payments later.

That's a feature I wasn't aware of. So.. uh.. don't click the button. 🙂

Rogsmobile1

Hi Dust:  I pay a monthly fee for phone and data.  But if the data runs out before the next renewal, the system offers a top up option on the phone - just click the button.  I don't want that - just the monthly fee and wait for the next renewal for data.  

There are no extra charges here. When you out of a feature, it just stops.

Need Help? Let's chat.