cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took Koodo Offer

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes I had switched to Koodo! Couldn't wait to see what happens or what kind of resolution CCTS gives because my renewal date for $120/12GB Fall 2016 Promo plan was today Feb 16th. I had a choice to either pay $120 and hope some miracle would not increase the price after March 20th or move to Koodo and get $100 bill credit. I chose latter one. Any how this is the plan seen from Koodo self serve.

Koodo Plan for PM CustomersKoodo Plan for PM Customers

27 REPLIES 27

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Okay if people don't want anything to do with PM anymore that's their choice. But by switching to Koodo/Telus they are giving their money to the same company who runs PM. And by switching to Koodo they are doing exactly what the CEO wanted. 

Mystery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@shaner82wrote:

Of course they can allow people back onto the fall promo plan.  They can do anything they want.  Even if their system doesn't currently allow it, they can modify the system.  

That's what we would all like to think. Just like any wireless company says when they can't give you a plan because it's no longer available and push new plans on you. That's why people stay with legacy plans because they won't offer it to anyone again. Not saying the Fall Promo is exactly legacy, but it was promotional. For sure, they should attempt to make wrong right, but I think there's a line you have to draw somewhere. I expect them to draw that line and not help those who left.

But, yeah, I sure hope you're right! I'd be happy to be wrong about this!

shaner82

Of course they can allow people back onto the fall promo plan.  They can do anything they want.  Even if their system doesn't currently allow it, they can modify the system.  

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Agreed.  There's no way they would re-create that old plan(temporarily), just to allow people to come back to it.  I also think that there's a high probablity that those who already jumped ship might not want to have anything to do with PM any more.

Mystery

Even if Koodo didn't charge for switching back to another carrier, I doubt PM can provide a promotional plan that no longer exists anymore back to people who took the plunge.

mtfolks

Welp. Now that the price increase is cancelled I wonder how PM will handle situations like this.

Or is it too bad so sad if someone switched and wants to come back...

MarieHelene_L

@hocuspocus

Probably tomorrow morning. Maybe tonight if you are lucky. We answer everyone on a first-come first-served basis and we still have a lot of messages to go through before yours unfortunately. 

Rest assured that we're not making anyone wait on purpose. 

I'm really sorry about the delay,

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

hocuspocus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks @MarieHelene_L, when can I expect a response to my inquiry?

MarieHelene_L

Hi @hocuspocus

We are receiving a very high level or private messages at the moment. We'll get back to you as soon as we can 🙂

Thank you for your patience, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

hocuspocus

Hi @MarieHelene_L, I have a billing problem with my Public Mobile account.   Can you assist?  Im not getting a response from @CS_Agent.   Please see this thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Retain-40-4GB-Plan/m-p/218666#M25403

Have a great weekend!  Thank you.

Civic_E

@Shutdownwrote:

How long did the process take?

@Shutdowntook me 7 mins.

Shutdown

How long did the process take?

@MarieHelene_L Thanks for adding that clarity to the offer. I think everyone can now understand the Koodo offer and decide on their preferred action. Robot wink

Too bad though, providing that credit for Available Funds would have assuaged many frustrations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Civic_E

And for those who are saying it's unlimited from 5pm...

image.png

Its unlimited anytime mins.

No, you don't have to take a phone on TAB for this migration offer

Civic_E

@Ludditewrote:

@Civic_E Did you do the change online or at a kiosk? 

I went to a kiosk/store

Civic_E

@MarieHelene_Lwrote:

Hi @Civic_E

Depending on the migration offer, we will sometimes be able to transfer your PM balance to Koodo. However it is not the case for this current migration offer unfortunately. This is the reason we have worked with Koodo to offer you a 100$ credit upon your switch to cover the cost of any lost plan or balance 🙂

I apologize about the confusion,

Marie

@MarieHelene_LHmm, oh well I was wrong then. That balance on PM I had was not paid by me anyway. It was part of Fall Promo Credit. So it won't upset me if not transfered on the forth bill

MarieHelene_L

Hi @Civic_E

Depending on the migration offer, we will sometimes be able to transfer your PM balance to Koodo. However it is not the case for this current migration offer unfortunately. This is the reason we have worked with Koodo to offer you a 100$ credit upon your switch to cover the cost of any lost plan or balance 🙂

I apologize about the confusion,

Marie

@Ludditewrote:

I would say Kiosk as he was "Shown" where the unused PM credits would get applied on the 4th bill of Koodo

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Civic_E

In my case i did not have huge incentives other than auto pay and some loyalty reward. Which is very insignificant compare to the price increase. Only damage for me was buying a SIM card for Koodo. Koodo has Shock Free Data which would insure that you won't be overcharged without your consent and rest is unlimited without any zone restriction...all over Canada.

sbreakin

@Scarletwrote:

Cool. I was wondering if you are able to get a tab for a new phone with this plan?

Just curious - where do you see a TAB on the image? 

I have read about needing to use the $100 by adding the small tab in the actual deal terms but in reality, they are letting folks also get a bill credit.  

Fortunately, my renewal is in early March so I get a chance to wait for a PM Announcement (hopefully), or renew at old rate or have a chance to check out what Koodo is offering including any extras.  I've already read that call forwarding is an extra $3 & I use that when i go traveling (by call forwarding to Fongo before i leave). Koodo does have great phone discounts & good customer service which are nice, but with PM the 90-day data averaging period  (& then it stops) is handy. 

Mystery

@Civic_Ewrote:

Yes I had switched to Koodo! Couldn't wait to see what happens or what kind of resolution CCTS gives because my renewal date for $120/12GB Fall 2016 Promo plan was today Feb 16th. I had a choice to either pay $120 and hope some miracle would not increase the price after March 20th or move to Koodo and get $100 bill credit. I chose latter one. Any how this is the plan seen from Koodo self serve.

Koodo Plan for PM CustomersKoodo Plan for PM Customers

Thanks for posting! Still weighing my options on jumping on this or switching to the 90 day/12+6gb/$150.

Civic_E

@Civic_Ewrote:

Also, i was told and shown (on their "Special FAQ" section that are only used by employees)by Koodo representative that any unused funds prior to transfer will be transfered from PM to Koodo on the forth bill.

And on you PM account side you will that balance as "Balance-Written off" under "Payment History". This $110 was after i got Fall Promo 2016 Credit was added. For my account...this credit always appread one day before my bill was due.image.png

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Civic_E Thanks very much for the post. It's the most definitive info we've had. 

Civic_E

@Scarletwrote:

Cool. I was wondering if you are able to get a tab for a new phone with this plan?

Yah, you can definitely. They will do a credit check though. Credit check is done to see if you would "qualify" to become their customer, regardless if you are taking a phone on TAB or not.

Civic_E

Also, i was told and shown (on their "Special FAQ" section that are only used by employees)by Koodo representative that any unused funds prior to transfer will be transfered from PM to Koodo on the forth bill.

Scarlet

Need Help? Let's chat.