cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toll Free Numbers

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please suggest if I have Province wide calling plan, can I still make calls to Toll Free numbers starts with 1-888-xxxxxxxxxx or not ? 

7 REPLIES 7

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Calls made to toll-free numbers will use up minutes in a plan if you are on a calling plan that includes less than unlimited minutes (ie. $10 50 minute plan).

Also, only on this same $10 plan, add-on minutes will get used up for toll-free calls if you have used up all of your plan's 50 minutes, and if you've added a long distance-add on (although a long distance add-on isn't requried to call toll-free numbers). The $10 plan has a rare excpetion that the long distance minutes can be used to add more minutes to this 50 mintue plan.

Officially 🙂

Do you know someting about something unoffical? Or, is there an error that causes toll-free calls to get labeled as long distance?

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Calls made to toll-free numbers will use up minutes in a plan if you are on a calling plan that includes less than unlimited minutes (ie. $10 50 minute plan).

Good point. Since the OP mentioned Province-wide plan, I took this to mean either the $25 or $47 plans, which are the only in-market plans with Unlimited Province-wide calling at this time, AFAIK.

There's still a whole bunch of in-market province-wide calling plans available.  It's just that most of these plans aren't of the best value and are not prodominently advertised by Public Mobile.  In many cases, customers would be taking province-wide calling to save a few dollars when combining with LTE data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

Also, only on this same $10 plan, add-on minutes will get used up for toll-free calls if you have used up all of your plan's 50 minutes, and if you've added a long distance-add on (although a long distance add-on isn't requried to call toll-free numbers). The $10 plan has a rare excpetion that the long distance minutes can be used to add more minutes to this 50 mintue plan.

Officially 🙂

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

Good point. Since the OP mentioned Province-wide plan, I took this to mean either the $25 or $47 plans, which are the only in-market plans with Unlimited Province-wide calling at this time, AFAIK.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sharry19 wrote:

Please suggest if I have Province wide calling plan, can I still make calls to Toll Free numbers starts with 1-888-xxxxxxxxxx or not ? 

I'm currently on a Provide-wide plan (with International minutes add-on), and can confirm that making calls to 1-800, 1-888, 1-877, 1-866, and 1-855 numbers are all included by the plan (and don't consume add-on minutes, if you have any).

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Sharry19 wrote:

Hi,

Yes you can. 

The nice thing about PM being prepaid is there are no overages, so if you are ever in doubt try it, if you have not already paid for it then you will not be able to do it. Unlike other plans where you can still do it and then get charrged later PM does not do that.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.