cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to the US - questions about $34/mo Canada - US plan

Mewcifer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, i will be moving to the US soon but I am still a Canadian citizen. I have two questions:

(1) am I able to freely use the $34/mo Can-US plan while I am in the US or do I need a Canadian address?

(2) while I am in the US, will others from the US be able to text/call my number toll free or will they have to pay international long distance fees due to the number being Canadian?

5 REPLIES 5

Chipster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If your phone supports dual sims, you can have separate plans using the just the one phone.

stodon

In the US I used Tello Mobile. Hard to eat the rates they have.

Mewcifer

I think I will use PM as my primary number for data use at least for a while. I will  get a super cheap text/call only plan in the US and use that number while I'm in the US for texting/calling with locals. PM price is super competitive compared to US providers (at least for the state im moving to).

@Mewcifer , Public Mobile does not have a fair use policy which means you could literally live full time in the US and keep the CAN-US plan.  Having said that, your amerifriends won't like you because calling you would be a long distance call and depending on their cell plan terms, that could mean additional expenses to make the call.  As for network connectivity, it's probably better than getting a plan with a US carrier considering that you have access to both T-Mobile and AT&T networks. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

1. Address does not matter to PM. You are charged tax based on your area code.
2. If you have US/Canada plan then PM service will work in both countries. You might have slight issues in USA as you have to connect to particular mobile provider. Read through Community to see if that will work for you.

If you are moving to USA permanently you might consider USA provider which might be cheaper with more features as they have more options there. Some USA callers might be spooked with your Canadian number and that might be long distance for them...

Need Help? Let's chat.