cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today, nobody can call my phone. They all hit voice message. Why? I don't hear my phone ringing

anhnguyencda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi , my phone line is 416-xxx-xxxx. I cannot be reached by anyone. They all get bounced to a voice message system. Meanwhile I don't hear my phone ringing. Problem day is today Dec 3, 2021.  Help asap please. 

Thank you

Please email me at xxxxxxxxxxx and I call you back from my land line

edit: removed personal info by NDesai

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@anhnguyencda wrote:

Hi , my phone line is 416-xxx-xxxx. I cannot be reached by anyone. They all get bounced to a voice message system. Meanwhile I don't hear my phone ringing. Problem day is today Dec 3, 2021.  Help asap please. 

Thank you

Please email me at xxxxxxxxxxx and I call you back from my land line

edit: removed personal info by NDesai

@anhnguyencda are you new to Public Mobile and did you port over a number?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile and it has been over the allotted time to port, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

If you are an existing customer, and this just happened all of a sudden. Check to see that your DND (Do Not Disturb) settings was not accidentally turned on your device.

One way to check if this is a device issue or not, is to move your SIM card into another compatible phone and see if calling come in.

@anhnguyencda 

What is your location? All three providers are performing equipment upgrades on cell towers. As a result there are issues switching from the 4G LTE network to the 3G network that pm uses for voice calls causing the incoming calling to default and go directly to voicemail. Switching your phone to use the 3G network only in your settings will alleviate this issue in the meantime until the upgrades in your area are finished. This should be a maximum of 2 weeks. You can switch back to the autoconnect setting every day or two to test whether it the issue is resolved.

Try this out to see if this fixes your issue for the time being.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anhnguyencda : Have a look at devicecheck.ca while you wait for a response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anhnguyencda wrote:

Thank you for your advice. I have a ticket opened already. 

@anhnguyencda 

do try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

many customer the change the Settings and Rebooting is will work try it nothing to lose..

anhnguyencda

Thank you for your advice. I have a ticket opened already. 

anhnguyencda

Phone is iPhone 6.  I have re-started my phone. No improvement.  I was not aware of this issue, until this morning a recruiter emails me that she cannot reach me, and bounced into voice message.  I did not tinker with Settings to divert any calls to voice message.  Please help. It is very important as I am seeking a new job now.  Appreciate your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anhnguyencda 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on, 

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email...only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

anhnguyencda

No, I did not anything to my phone settings. Have powered off and then back on.  Same thing. Tested to call my cell line from landline I hit voice message right away, exactly like what people told me this morning. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@anhnguyencda wrote:

Hi , my phone line is xxxxxxxxx. I cannot be reached by anyone. They all get bounced to a voice message system. Meanwhile I don't hear my phone ringing. Problem day is today Dec 3, 2021.  Help asap please. 

Thank you

Please email me at xxxxxxx and I call you back from my land line 

Try restarting the phone. Did you play around with settings and divert all calls to your voicemail ?

Make and model of your phone please ?

Need Help? Let's chat.