cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to respond to tickets for number transfer

sspre
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have posted a ticket 3 hours ago to do a manual number transfer (ticket 387042-868) but got no response whatsoever. How long does it typically take to do this? Is there anything else I should do?

6 REPLIES 6

sspre

no problem 🙂

oh shoot sorry, I missed the Koodo part. Yes, you're correct. Sorry nieces are running around me distracting sometimes. LOL

sspre

My understanding is that with Koodo and a few other providers porting can only be done manually by custom support agents. Am I wrong?

Of course you can sir! Here's how.

How to port number from “Blank” to Public Mobile

First, make sure your number can be ported by checking on this link

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Or log in to your Public Mobile account

Then on your right side you’ll see this box. Click on Transfer Phone Number.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709338641138.png

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709338641112.png

Then enter the number you want transfer and continue to next step

Chalupa_Batman_2-1709338641028.png

NOTE: Keep your old provider's SIM card inside the phone until you get the confirmation text. Say YES. But wait just a bit longer until you no longer see your old provider's name up top. Once it’s gone, try making a call to test. If you can not make a call using your old providers SIM, the transfer has gone through.

Created by Chalupa Batman

sspre

Thanks @Chalupa_Batman, nothing major, I have activated the eSIM with a random number, it works correctly but I need them to port over my Koodo number, I cannot do it myself.

I guess I'll wait.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @sspre 

Because there is a HUGE promotion right now, can be up to 12 hours response time. Don't worry, they will respond.

What issues are you having?

Need Help? Let's chat.