cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This company is now a joke

Gigi11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This company is now a joke been in contact with them for over two weeks and can’t get anything resolved. I am trying to get back my old phone number which was accidentally changed . First I was told it’s been assigned which it isn’t then I was told it was ported to the old carrier. I contacted them and they confirmed Public has it. Every time I send a message a new person answers and I have to explain everything over. Asked for a manager I was told they won’t be able to help me. They only reply to the questions they feel like not the ones you ask . TELUS shame on you. This used to be a good company . Stay far away not worth the aggravation to deal with.

5 REPLIES 5

@Gigi11 

I will private message you the number to help with porting.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right.

Or tap your avatar, then Messages area.

Gigi11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello , I called the former provider and they advised the number was ported out and they don’t have it. This is frustrating . The people at public are useless. How can I re initiate the port? I do t have an active account with the previous provider

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Gigi11 

old phone number which was accidentally changed

Can you elaborate how it became  accidentally changed?

Did you accidentally change it? Or was it a porting error in which someone didn’t reply YES to the port authorization text in time?

If the former, I wouldn’t hold my breath that you’ll be able to get it back.

If the latter, you can re-initiate the port, so long as the prior provider account is active and you still have their SIM card.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Gigi11 

Is the number originally from Public mobile or a Telus company like Koodo?  Or from another carrier?  Once you change numbers, the original number should go back to original carrier who first assigned the number. 

If customer service agent is unable or unwilling to get the old number, it will be difficult to get that number back. Maybe keep trying with CSA.  Maybe another CSA is willing to help. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Gigi11  You can look for your old number in your my account by refreshing the page of available number notice bottom red circle in pic 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1692271201042.jpeg

or work with support to try and get it back 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.