cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The phone number not transferred properly

Master_Lee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to transfer the phone number from Vif VoIP phone to mobile with PublicMobile. However, the number transfer has problem. Vif confirmed they have approved the number to be transferred but not sure how come my mobile with new SIM card still not able to receive call, but only can dial out.

14 REPLIES 14

@Master_Lee 

it is possible.  But you need to login first and update the phone number under Profile > Manage EverSafe ID

and you click on Resend code, does it give you an option to get it via email?

if not, try these workarounds

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps, please open ticket with PM support by direct messgae CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Master_Lee

is it possible you can change the phone number for 2FA authentication with my cell number? or add my cell number for second option?

Master_Lee

thanks for your reply. To access my account, there is a 6 digit codes sent to my mom's cell which I couldn't reach. The screenshoot is like this

Master_Lee_0-1723730981720.png

@Master_Lee 

Sorry, PM support is all online and they won't call you

But you can still access your mom's My Account, just ask the 2FA code to send via email.  On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

For the calling out issue, it is best to reboot the phone and try.  You can also try Reset All networks on the phone (yes, your mom might need someone there to help if she cannot find the screen to reset all networks)

But if you need support help, Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there 

Master_Lee

Hi,

The phone started working since week ago. thanks for your help.

However, for some reason, the phone now stop calling out. Moreover, there are only 3 rings to receiving phone call otherwise forward to mail box.

Since this phone is on my mother's hand, I can not ask her to check text message from Public Mobile to get fully access in my account, could you pls let me know what the reason is? Is it the payment issue? 

If it is payment issue, I just wondering if sales people can call me (514-594-5198) so I can see if I subscribe annual plan with better price?

HI @Master_Lee 

VoIP line can take longer , 3 to 7 days to port.  But there is a number to call to confirm.  I will send the number to your  Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right

Master_Lee

I still have not got the phone number transferred yet. Could you help me to check if Telus have got what they need to port the line from VoIP line to mobile? I paid the phone for 2 weeks but still no work. Pls help me to check if anything wrong?

@Master_Lee wrote:

So if it doesn't work for VoLTE, then I still can send text messages. IS there limitation which regular mobile can do but this phone doesn't?

I still can use it to WIFI calling?

Sorry, but Public Mobile doesn't have Wi-Fi calling.

Master_Lee

So if it doesn't work for VoLTE, then I still can send text messages. IS there limitation which regular mobile can do but this phone doesn't?

I still can use it to WIFI calling?

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Jethro C470 will work on PM 3G network

at the moment, it won't work VoLTE but it is perfectly ok to use 3G for voice for now.  3G won't go away for at least another 3 years 

Master_Lee
Hi, Sir/Madam:

I got email from Public mobile again for instruction of phone number transfer.
As I described yesterday, my current phone service is VoIP from Vif and I use one land phone. There is no way for me to receive an SMS message from my previous provider. However, I have called them last Saturday to notify them they will be contacted for number transferred. They told me actually they have approved the number to be transferred.
Actually, on my new SIM card from Public mobile, I can see the carrier is Telus. However, I now just can call out but not receive calls or text. I am not sure what the problem is? 
The mobile I use for new SIM card is Jethro C470 which is designed for old people. I believe it is compatible with Public mobile. Pls let me know what can I do? Should I shutdown the phone, re-insert the SIM card and power back on again? Should I try the SIM card in different mobile like Samsung or iPhone?

Master_Lee

thank you so much for your reply. On the cell which I inserted sim card from Public Mobile shows me the phone carrier is Telus so I called Telus and told them situation. In the end, the support told me they will request the port forwarding from Vif (previous Voip phone providor) again and asked me to contact Vif for it. 

I am not sure if I was doing the right thing but just let me know if that is correct?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Master_Lee 

when did you submit the port request?  it is normal for VoIP port to take longer, usually between 3 to 7 days

I will send you the porting support team number to your community inbox,. You can call them and confirm the status. But  if it is less than 4 days, it is normal

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

porting from VoIP line usually take around 3 days or more. 

Need Help? Let's chat.