cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Rogers interrupted Thanks for Public Mobile for all day service

Freay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The Rogers interrupted Thanks for Public Mobile for all day service so I can pick up family at airport lol

4 REPLIES 4

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Most of NL has one facilities-based provider on the wireless side (Bell), pretty bad if/when something does happen. 

. Canada relys on Bell the most and if its down, I hope it’s down for weeks. That’ll get the CRTC chairman off his lazy butt and hopefully then he’ll realize how our monopolies are brutal

I am not sure if Canada relys Bells the most.  Maybe for Government or bigger corporations. 

I think Rogers has a stronger share with retails and smaller companies , they are those with less "backup" plans / systems, and hence we see such an effect yesterday.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It’s not like we had it good either. Our network has been f-ed up since the outage, it seems to be fine now though. 

Our data speeds were horrendous, text messages took minutes to send and calls sounded brutal. 

The same thing that happened to Rogers could happen to us. We need more competition, hopefully the CRTC will have a different point of view of allowing more competition in Canada.  

@softech If it does happen to us, don’t hope that it’s small, hope for a big outage. Canada relys on Bell the most and if its down, I hope it’s down for weeks. That’ll get the CRTC chairman off his lazy butt and hopefully then he’ll realize how our monopolies are brutal

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Freay   This thing could happen to any provider.  Just hope next time if it happens to Telus (or even Bell), the magnitude will be smaller and they can restore the system quicker

But yes, we were lucky yesterday that we are just on the sideline  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.