cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting not working

Ken420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently subscribed to the new $34 promotional plan that gives 50gb of data, messaging and calling. The data is working fine but I am unable to text or call. In my phones settings my provider still says Roger’s and is inactive. How do I get it to connect to public mobile? 

4 REPLIES 4

Ken420

Yes, I was connected to both, public mobile and Roger’s at the same time. I figured out the problem and got it working. I had to turn off my primary SIM card in my phone settings so it’s only running off public mobiles network. Thank you Will.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ken420 , does the phone say you are connected to Public Mobile.  Generally, you need a mobile network connection to have functional mobile data which should enable talk and text.  When you say talk and text is not working, is it just incoming or both outgoing and incoming.  Incoming talk and text problems is indicative of a failed number transfer.  For failed number transfer, try calling the number in the link below.

https://community.koodomobile.com/tips-tricks-troubleshooting-232914/phone-number-transfer-error-781...

Ken420

Yes I did that already. I figured out what the problem was. I had to manually go into my settings and turn off my primary SIM card so my phone is running just off the eSIM now. Thank you for your time Batman! 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Did you get the text from Rogers asking permission to port over? You had 90 minutes to do so. If you did say yes, if your Rogers SIM card is still in your phone, does it still work? If so, the port didn't work and there is a number to call which I can send you in a private message but let's try figuring this out first before we do this.

Have you tried rebooting the phone? Because you were on Rogers, have you tried doing a network reset on your phone to clear out any Rogers stink?

Need Help? Let's chat.