cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text massage and call problem

FanLin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined Public mobile recently. The first problem was regarding the verification code. I could not get the verification code from other institutes as CRA. I followed the instruction of Moderator by resetting the network of my phone. It coursed more problems, now no incoming or outgoing message(except from Public Mobile), outgoing phone call is working, but no incoming call. I went to Apple store last Friday and checked all the setting of my iPhone 12 pro max. My phone has no problem, all settings are right. Public Mobile engineer told me they need reach out to the vendor, but nothing happened after the passed long weekend. Any body had these kind of problem before? Or anybody has some solution or suggestion for me? Thanks in advance!

13 REPLIES 13

@FanLin wrote:

Hi LitlLdy,

I called porting team yesterday night, and found the porting was not completed as I did not reply YES to the previous carrier's confirming message in 90 mins. Now the problem is solved. Thank you!

@FanLin, thank you for updating us. Happy to know it was an easy fix.🙂

FanLin

Hi LitlLdy,

I called porting team yesterday night, and found the porting was not completed as I did not reply YES to the previous carrier's confirming message in 90 mins. Now the problem is solved. Thank you!

FanLin

Hi BKNS27,

@FanLin 

As long as you replied to the text from your previous carrier SIM in your phone with YES within the 90 minute timeframe then porting is completed.

If not and your old SIM still works and your old carrier tells you your account is still active then porting was incomplete.

Please let us know if these steps were followed.

@FanLin wrote:

Yes, I used my old phone number and follow the instruction to active my new SIM.

@FanLin , have you checked with your previous provider that your account is now closed? If it is still active your phone number didn’t port successfully!

Please check your Community Mailbox ✉️ for the porting # from @softech ! Let us know how it goes please. 

Edit: To fix my typos!

FanLin

incoming call not working. it automatically goes to voice massage, but on my end it doesn't show missing call or voice message.

FanLin

Yes, I used my old phone number and follow the instruction to active my new SIM.

FanLin

No, incoming call and regular SMS(P2P) are not working now.

PM SIM card was activated on May6, at first the phone call and text message worked well at least between the friends and family, only verification issue. Later message and phone call had problem after resetting the network. I do not think it is system delay, almost 3 weeks already.

@hairbag1  cos it is a top secret here!!!  LoL

But serious, PM does not like it.  They worry people see it and will call for anything

There was at least once they deleted all posts on the forum with the number there

@softech 

is there a reason why we can't mention the number to call for port assistance ?

Could you pm me that number please.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FanLin   i missed your second part, is incoming calls not working?

if that is the case, then porting was not completed.  There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FanLin 

First, do you receive any incoming calls and regular SMS (P2P) from friends?  If so, it is good, at least the porting was completed successfully

For 2FA text or other system generated text (A2P), it is normal for them to start coming later.   Systems take longer to find out you changed provider and to route the text correctly to the new provider (Public Mobile).    Also, financial institutions (banks) or government agencies (e.g, CRA)  put this delay on purpose too to avoid SIM Fraud

Usually they will start coming around the 3rd day after porting but it could take as many as 7 days for all the 2FA/A2P text to come.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@FanLin 

did you port your old number to PM when you activated your new PM account ?

If so, did you follow all instruction ?

added...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Need Help? Let's chat.