cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing new SIM card

Xavientois
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just installed and activated my PM SIM card on my iPhone. I want to test it to make sure that I can both send and receive texts, but the trouble is that iPhone defaults to sending over iMessage instead of SMS.

What would be the best way to test my phone given this behaviour?

4 REPLIES 4

Just plug the SIM card into another phone. An Android phone, not an iPhone.

Although if calls are workng then texts should also be working. iMessage and MMS attachments require data (and correct APN settings), standard SMS protocols do not.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Xavientois     Most iPhone users have iMessage enabled  and may have turned off SMS support. 

To turn on SMS:

1. Open the Settings app and go to “Message”
2. Locate the switch for “Send as SMS” and turn this to the ON position
if send as SMS is already on, try turning it off for about 10 seconds and then turn it back
3. Return to Messages and try sending the text message again

And alternate way is to turn off iMessage and just use SMS/MMS texts.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Xavientois wrote:

I just installed and activated my PM SIM card on my iPhone. I want to test it to make sure that I can both send and receive texts, but the trouble is that iPhone defaults to sending over iMessage instead of SMS.

What would be the best way to test my phone given this behaviour?

Apple defauls that way. I think it's a waste of data. Do you already have SMS and MMS enabled?  You can disable iMessage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

go to your update phone software

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

try to do reset network settings,

and make sure APN Settings On device 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your DATA is on.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.